Punta Cana Airport Delays

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Our driver told us two hours would be sufficient to get through PUJ on our way out last Wednesday, but we should have allowed for another hour.

I don't know if the US weather troubles last week contributed to the problem or if PUJ is normally chaotic. The long slow line at Jet Blue may have been partly the result of flights returning to normal and an above average number of passengers. But the lack of organization in arranging queues for luggage check and emigration check were disturbing. When it could to ten minutes before our scheduled departure, we cut to the head of the slowly crawling emigration security line then sprinted to the gate. On our anxious journey it did not help that we were funneled through a maze of duty-free stores.

My two previous experiences at SDO went smoothly, as I recall.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
bad luck. probably arrived behind 3 busses of A.I. tourists. Two hours is enough... tight, but enough. two and a half minimum if you need to return rental car. three hours is more relaxed... I LIKE "RELAXED". I don't see how the duty free is a problem unless you stop to shop... then it's on you.

spmanger

Aug 7, 2013
Well last week 9 planes landed at the same time, took us 2 hours to process our arrival.