The best of DR for me!!!

miozio

May 23, 2009
Did you know that in DR, the clouds move in different directions? Anyway, I learned much more about this country through the lens of my camera, it looks a bit different, more divine and perfect there... just the way I like it!

This video is a short clip from my time lapse project about this country. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;OmjnzCYBXJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmjnzCYBXJ4[/video]

If you think this video is too fast, continue reading:

A time lapse video simply has to be fast, it lets people see beyond their own sense of time. It opens up a whole new world, a new dimension where clouds and sunsets start telling you their secrets.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Beautiful Stuff!
Takes my back to better times,....smoking opium on the beaches of Thailand!!!!
Thank You!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

miozio

May 23, 2009
Beautiful Stuff!
Takes my back to better times,....smoking opium on the beaches of Thailand!!!!
Thank You!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks Cris
It is better times for me now :) And Presidente works perfect after a long and successful shooting day :) Simply love it to think it over.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
There for a minute i thought it was a going to break into pink floyd, time. I may have a had a flashback!!
Awesome fotos. Beautiful colors.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Far-out, groovy, mystical, and marijuana-inducing transcendental utopia.

I loved it. But please put either the country or the location in the subject line of the video that it was filmed from. i want to share it on my Facebook, but it would help immensely if people knew what country its in?

Obviously, i saw Puerto Plata in the back ground, so i assume it was filmed from various locations around Sosua...maybe Cabarete?

Good job!

THanks, Frank

miozio

May 23, 2009
Obviously, i saw Puerto Plata in the back ground, so i assume it was filmed from various locations around Sosua...maybe Cabarete?

Good job!

THanks, Frank

Yep, you guessed it! Most of the shots are from Sosua, Cabarete and in between. I'll think of changing the title.

miozio

May 23, 2009
I am glad you like it, there is also a full length film on YT. I can post it here if you wish.
I would also recommend watching it in 1080p ... in case your internet connection is fast enough..

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I am glad you like it, there is also a full length film on YT. I can post it here if you wish.
I would also recommend watching it in 1080p ... in case your internet connection is fast enough..

That's fantastic! Now could you please edit the title of the film in the Subject line to include the country that it's filmed in. I think you will find a lot of people interested if they know it has scenes of i.e--Sosua Bay, Kite Beach, Puerto Plata, etc.

A Dominican looking at the film would be delighted to know its filmed here...in his back yard.

Thanks, Frank

miozio

May 23, 2009
That's fantastic! Now could you please edit the title of the film in the Subject line to include the country that it's filmed in. I think you will find a lot of people interested if they know it has scenes of i.e--Sosua Bay, Kite Beach, Puerto Plata, etc.

A Dominican looking at the film would be delighted to know its filmed here...in his back yard.

Thanks, Frank

Done, title changed.. I had a large TV set up in one of the big hotels in Puerto Plata with my films, the Dominican staff kept on standing in front of the screen and didn't work... But the funny thing they couldn't believe it was their country.. I had to explain where I shot the scenes..

miozio

May 23, 2009
Frank, thank you for the suggestion to change the title to Dominican republic, now if you search for the country on Youtube, the video it pops up number 4 :)

Last edited:

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Great Video miozio. I love the time lapse technique. Did your camera have that feature built in or did you hack it?

miozio

May 23, 2009
Great Video miozio. I love the time lapse technique. Did your camera have that feature built in or did you hack it?

I have an external intervalometer, Canon 5D mark 3 doesn't have it built in and I don't mind because the camera is sweet.