Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Cooking

I've used many recipes from Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook since it's first edition in 2005 and today I had the great pleasure of spending the afternoon with Aunt Clara and Aunt Ilana. I now have my personally signed copy of the second edition. :

In case you are new here and have never come across this book I recommend it highly. You can find it at

Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook: Clara Gonzalez, Ilana Benady: 9789945045000: Amazon.com: Books

shameless plug

2. Likes mobrouser, Chirimoya, Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    I've used many recipes from Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook since it's first edition in 2005 and today I had the great pleasure of spending the afternoon with Aunt Clara and Aunt Ilana. I now have my personally signed copy of the second edition. :

In case you are new here and have never come across this book I recommend it highly. You can find it at

Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook: Clara Gonzalez, Ilana Benady: 9789945045000: Amazon.com: Books

shameless plug
    The sign of a good book, the used copies on Amazon are selling for MORE than the new copies, awesome!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I love their cookbook, I bought 4 copies, one for NJ, one for DR and one for each child.

Now I'm jealous and I want mine signed.

Their website is great too: Cooking Dominican food, recipes, and dishes – Aunt Clara’s Kitchen

And they have a Facebook page that shares recipes and ideas: https://www.facebook.com/dominicancookbook

Yep, I'm a fan too!

Administrator
    DR1.com

5. Likes AnnaC, Chirimoya liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean that "Anna" is now in the DR, or the "Chefs" are in the "Frozen Tundra"?????
    CC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Does this mean that "Anna" is now in the DR, or the "Chefs" are in the "Frozen Tundra"?????
    CC
    Take a wild guess and we are not freezing?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

Now I'm jealous and I want mine signed.

Their website is great too: Cooking Dominican food, recipes, and dishes – Aunt Clara’s Kitchen

And they have a Facebook page that shares recipes and ideas: https://www.facebook.com/dominicancookbook

Yep, I'm a fan too!

I'm sure that can be arranged

Post Thanks / Like

Meeting the one and only AnnaC, grande dame of DR1 has been the high point of the year for me so far.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Meeting the one and only AnnaC, grande dame of DR1 has been the high point of the year for me so far.
    I'm blushing. I was so moved by our first meeting I almost cried. We've known each other for so long and have gone through so much through DR1 it was like I had known you most of my life. OK I'll stop now.!

11. Likes Chirimoya liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I too will be meeting her and yourself plus a few other DR1 members soon. On my way to the DR this week.

Can't wait to see you guys!

13. Likes Chirimoya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, sankies everywhere are trembling with terror

15. Likes AnnaC, bronzeallspice, Matilda liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast