Pipeless pool filtration

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Has Anyone ever used this? I see there is a Desjoyeaux in Santo Domingo and I think one in Bavaro. Our pool has a plumbed system but it was poorly installed and inefficient. We are considering to install the pipeless one to aid in the filtration instead of ripping up all the decking and repairing the current one.
Any thoughts, suggestions, reviews?
thanks

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Sorry no idea, but intrested as well in answers....
What d o u mean by inefficient plumbing?? I have a sand filter type. Never seem to get it clean except when I vacum bottom and throw out directly the water WITHOUT going through filter......

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Ouch!! I have good circulation, lots of pressure. But not a lot of luz ( I run the pump like only2 hours/day). The thing is here in campo lots of puff in the air and it goes to the bottom of pool. If u vacum it through the filter, it goes back into the pool the grain s so thin......so I vacum it to waste, and so usd up a lor of water each time...... and chloro and clear water product and anti alga.

Hope u find a solution.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ouch!! I have good circulation, lots of pressure. But not a lot of luz ( I run the pump like only2 hours/day). The thing is here in campo lots of puff in the air and it goes to the bottom of pool. If u vacum it through the filter, it goes back into the pool the grain s so thin......so I vacum it to waste, and so usd up a lor of water each time...... and chloro and clear water product and anti alga.

Hope u find a solution.

The puff in the air is probably in large part dust from Africa. And it that wind blown powder from the Sahara is very, very fine so that a sand filter (and probably even a DE filter) will not stop it. You have to vacuum it to waste to get rid of it.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

Hope u find a solution.

You could vacuum it into the bottom hole of a tinaco through a check valve, and let the top hole run back into the pool.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Every time i read reports like these i am so glad that i do not own a pool, a house, a condo, a wife, etc.

Dust particles from Africa? Really? Can't we just drop a few bombs on that place and stop them from sending their dust bunnies over here?

FRank

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
Every time i read reports like these i am so glad that i do not own a pool, a house, a condo, a wife, etc.

Dust particles from Africa? Really? Can't we just drop a few bombs on that place and stop them from sending their dust bunnies over here?

FRank

That'd just put more dust in the air.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

FRank

African dust storms in our air: Dust storms in Africa affect U.S. and the Caribbean's air quality

African Dust Storms in Our Air: Dust Storms in Africa Affect U.S. and the Caribbean's Air Quality

The findings published in the journal of Environmental Science and Technology can also serve to address African dust intrusion in other affected regions of the world. For instance, the Caribbean Basin receives enormous quantities of African dust every year. In addition to its impact on air quality, an important factor for the Caribbean basin is the potential effect of Saharan air outbreaks on hurricane activity.

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006

Hope u find a solution.

You could vacuum it into the bottom hole of a tinaco through a check valve, and let the top hole run back into the pool.
I was thinking of something like this system scaled up for something the size of a pool.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RVzNcU8EnwU

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
Let's try this ink.

Hope u find a solution.

I was thinking of something like this system scaled up for something the size of a pool.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RVzNcU8EnwU

Or search:

aquaponics radial flow filter

on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVzNcU8EnwU