Number of expat in POP province

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Hello, i would like to know if anyone knows the amount of expat living in Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete
that lives there permanently?

Thanks

Ben

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Truth is, nobody really knows. Just some expatriates comply and become legal residents. How many illegals? Guesswork...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you want more expats then it would be the North Coast. If you want far fewer expats than go any where else.

Well, i thought, if there is more expats, it should mean it's a better place to stay...no?

It really depends on what type of lifestyle you want. Santiago and NC are quite different!
Do you want a more relaxed beach kinda lifestyle or a city one with more amenities?
Both places you will be able to find Expats.

When you say stay are you moving to DR or just vacationing?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Beach living, "NC", city living Santiago.
I love the "NC", because of the ocean.
Don't know what a retired expat would do in Stg.????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
More expats: Better supermarkets; international schools; more expensive housing; more restaurants; more crime
Less or no expats: No or few restaurants; basic food stuffs; much cheaper housing; little or no crime; friendlier people

Matilda

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
I agree with Matilde,

Harleysrock, i want to move to RD permanently. i do love the beach and ocean, that is for sure. But i wouldn't be at the beach everyday so i kinda prefer to be a bit further away and go to the beach once in a while to really appreciate it!
I do agree that STG is a city but i would be looking if i go there to be just on the outskirt of it, more local produce and cheaper lifestyle.

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
More expats: Better supermarkets; international schools; more expensive housing; more restaurants; more crime
Less or no expats: No or few restaurants; basic food stuffs; much cheaper housing; little or no crime; friendlier people

Matilda

More supermarket=more $
More restaurant=more $
no or few restaurant= more cooking home=less expansive

Got your point and a i think i would go for the less expat for quieter lifestyle...