Meeting Place JFK

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I will be travelling from Puerto Plata to New York JFK in the near future to meet up with a friend from the UK.

As neither of us have travelled to JFK before, could anyone suggest an easily identifiable location within the airport to meet?

Thank you.

FB.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
You need to be more specific, like what airline? Or something. You will be coming into the international terminal and will most likely have to take the Airtrain elsewhere. The airport is huge. (coincidentally I am there now, not usually up at this ridiculous time of day).

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
OP, If your friend is coming in from the UK and you from POP, both on the same day and are both clearing immigration from terminal 4, why not wait immediately outside the customs area. There are chairs, charging outlets, dunkin donuts etc right as soon as you exit the door from customs terminal 4

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Terminal 4 International arrivals.
When you clear customs and have picked up your luggage .
You will exit to the waiting area .
You can go left or right.
Do as chrisgy says .
Meet at courtesy counter or little coffee bar .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You need a "Fall Back" site, in case you miss each other at JFK.
A telephone # would be a big plus.
A Hotel lobby and time, near JFK????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You both have cell phones???

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You need a "Fall Back" site, in case you miss each other at JFK.
A telephone # would be a big plus.
A Hotel lobby and time, near JFK????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You both have cell phones???

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong..... but I'm pretty sure that some of the bigger airlines at JFK have their own international arrivals in-house. American Airlines does. I think it's the smaller airlines who use the International Arrivals building.......

What airlines are you both flying in on?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Jetblue & Virgin Atlantic

Jetblue arrives in terminal 5, Virgin Atlantic arrives terminal 4.
It's a bit of a walk outside, you will really need a shuttle bus between terminals, no sidewalk, there are free ones for car rentals.

Brian111

Jan 13, 2014
Jetblue & Virgin Atlantic are partnership airlines and share services at JFK. Their counters are near each other and both in same
terminal. It will be easy to meet up.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Jetblue arrives in terminal 5, Virgin Atlantic arrives terminal 4.
It's a bit of a walk outside, you will really need a shuttle bus between terminals, no sidewalk, there are free ones for car rentals.

I do not want to get into a pi**ing contest with you, but according to today's arrivals from POP and STI Jetblue arrives at T4.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I do not want to get into a pi**ing contest with you, but according to today's arrivals from POP and STI Jetblue arrives at T4.

You are correct, I am wrong, JBLU departs from T5 and arrives in T4, how can I repay you for the inconvenience?

Can I pick both of you up @ JFK, in my Maybach, and treat you both to dinner?

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
You are correct, I am wrong, JBLU departs from T5 and arrives in T4, how can I repay you for the inconvenience?

Can I pick both of you up @ JFK, in my Maybach, and treat you both to dinner?

Hey,

Don't forget me, I just called Del Frisco's for reservations.....

I'm in the mood for a 24oz Porterhouse....

And some pre meal Martinis......