Revista process in Santiago ( COMPLETE)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
So, I arrived at estadio cibao at 7:30 AM or so, there were already about 500 cars in 2 long lines so I got in one of them. About 20 minutes later a MOPC agent takes a copy of my license, matricula, insurance card, and receipt from banservas for the revista (Do not forget any of these, they are the only things needed) . About 2 hours later they checked my license plate and gave me the revista sticker and kept the copies. That was the end of the process. There are no buscones that can get you a sticker and the only people hanging around are people that can help you get copies of your documents.

IMPORTANT NOTE : The guy in front of me was flagged to the side and his botiquin, triangle, jack, and fire extinguisher was checked and he failed, so got no revista. I am pretty sure they are randomly checking people to have the proper items needed. Botiquin is a first aid kit btw.

P.S: A general was trying to push the MOPC guy into letting him skip the line and the MOPC guy was sending him to hell. He said talk to my boss, they told me not even to let Danilo skip the line, I thought it was quite admirable of him to stand up to the prick honestly.

Feb 7, 2007
Last I asked they sold no fire extinguishers in La sirena... so I guess if needed a 500 pesos bribe should do it here in Higuey...

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Last I asked they sold no fire extinguishers in La sirena... so I guess if needed a 500 pesos bribe should do it here in Higuey...

I got a disposable one for 600 pesos, and I can almost guarantee you won't be able to bribe the MOPC guy. There was about 3 supervisors standing watching him from afar and he was flipping out on the copy guys for standing close to him since they could be mistaken for buscones.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I got a disposable one for 600 pesos, and I can almost guarantee you won't be able to bribe the MOPC guy. There was about 3 supervisors standing watching him from afar and he was flipping out on the copy guys for standing close to him since they could be mistaken for buscones.

Get there early and bring a book, snacks and a drink. Sit back and enjoy the process.

LTSteve

Feb 7, 2007
I think (will tell later) that the Higuey station will be the secretary, employee, supervisor and guachiman all in one person ... probably sleeping his afternoon siesta when I turn up...