New Supermarket in the Conde, Colonial Zone

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I've just found out that the Jumbo in the Conde is going to be closing. Cuesta opposite is going to be taking over the Jumbo site, evidently a little smaller than their existing store on the other side of the road, but they are also going to take over a large area at the back which is currently used for storage.

And the best news is that where Cuesta currently is, they are going to put a Supermercado Nacional. I can't wait.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Cuesta and Nacional are owned by the same company. Not sure who owns Jumbo, but I was thinking that it was the same company, too.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Cuesta, Nacional and Jumbo are all the same company called CCN. That's why they have decided to move things around and give us a more upmarket brand in the Colonial Zone, they obviously have worked out that there's more money here than there was before.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Great News, I wonder how big the Nacional is going to be? Also happy that Cuesta isn't going anywhere. It's more than just a ferreter?a. I've purchased many things for my apartment from there.

Zonal Colonial is starting to become a re-gentrification zone. New expensive condos, upscale shopping, more clubs and bars, streets under reconstruction and some blocked off for pedestrian use only. Let's see what's happens in a few years.