Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All stores are closed in Moca.

Any news on this.

I was going to go out to buy few stuff but my worker said all are closed to fight the government on taxes. Is this only Moca thing or is any other places closed as well?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Administrator
    DR1.com

3. Likes Koreano liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought you lived in Santiago, met a friendly Korean fellow at the oil change spot and could sworn it was you. He was a presbyterian pastor that drove to Haiti on a weekly basis and was really friendly.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Closing a business so you make less money to protest tax requirements just makes so much sense.

6. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Closing a business so you make less money to protest tax requirements just makes so much sense.
    you have lived here long enough to have that one figured out. it is like Dominican Economics 101. if you cannot sell your product, push up the price, so that when you sell anything today you make up for what you did not make yesterday.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    An excuse not to work? Bring it on!

9. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    An excuse not to work? Bring it on!
    so much Presidente; so little time.

11. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Thought you lived in Santiago, met a friendly Korean fellow at the oil change spot and could sworn it was you. He was a presbyterian pastor that drove to Haiti on a weekly basis and was really friendly.
    Oh no... I am not friendly at all. .

I do live in Santiago but I work here in Moca, then again I spend more time here than my home.

I think I met that pastor once on someone's house warming party. I think I helped him on his phone downloading few christian related and Korean radio related apps.

You will know when you spot me on a street as I am probably one of the tallest or probably heaviest Asian in Santiago at 6'2" and at 230lbs+. I lost a lot of weight though that is why I should probably around 230lbs.

13. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Better than burning tires in the street and throwing rocks at carros.
    Der Fish
    day ain't over yet.

15. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koreano View Post
    Any news on this.

I was going to go out to buy few stuff but my worker said all are closed to fight the government on taxes. Is this only Moca thing or is any other places closed as well?
    What is wrong with these people? Pass on the tax to consumers and pay it to the government. These people have been screwing the gov out of taxes for years and now that their hand has been forced they close. That make a lot of sense. Close and don't earn a living. You want better services and more services than pay the tax. Moca will probably have tires burning in the street. They resort to public protests at the drop of a hat. The gov can't trust them to honestly collect and pay taxes so they are forcing these people to comply. The gov has turned their back for years allowing business' to collect or not . I think they are smart to now be able to monitor these people. Call it stupid, unfair or theft. Times are a changing and it is time for attidudes to change.

LTSteve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast