Transportation from AZS to LT

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
BR, guagua is your friend. Walk out or hitch a ride out to the main road and flag one down. Use your Spanish and say Las Terenas, you'll have to change in Sanchez I'm thinking and get another over the mountain to LT.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Can one take a bus from AZS to LT? If so, where is the bus stop? And what is the cost in RDP?

Taxi are too mas and car rental too.

Just need to get to LT to a moto & I'm good. No particular time, just reference, hope to see the LT playa this Winter / Spring.

Thanks

There are buses but it is not easy to access them. One, get out of the airport and to the main road. Look for buses that say las Terrenas and flag down. Transporte Las Terrenas runs daily form SD at 11AM, 1:40 and 3PM. It is probably about two hours from Santo Domingo until they pass El Catey. You can call the bus company in Santo Domingo and alert the driver you will be waiting. Google lt7.com and there is an add on page one that gives you the phone numbers. Good luck.

Steve

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I've been asked about buses from Santiago to LT or Samana. Any ideas other that going via SD??
Does Transportes serve Santiago?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
That is the going rate. Yes it is expensive but the taxi takes the new road, $12 usd and gas in over $6usd per gallon, plus wear and tear on the vehicle and drivers salary. Do the math it adds up. You might be able to negotiate a better deal if you have a return trip booked and maybe share a cab with someone.

LTSteve

That is the going rate. Yes it is expensive but the taxi takes the new road, $12 usd and gas in over $6usd per gallon, plus wear and tear on the vehicle and drivers salary. Do the math it adds up. You might be able to negotiate a better deal if you have a return trip booked and maybe share a cab with someone.

LTSteve

I understand, but I don't mind mixing with locals and I'd rather save the $ for moto rental.

I either fly into POP or AZS depending upon pricing & dates that I can make it.

BTW - where do the buses stop in LT, by the Esso?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
In LT the buses normally stop at the other end of town across form Paseo Plaza. If you don't want to pay the taxi fee. Go out to the main road and put out your finger. Someone will probably pick you up.

LTSteve