Who would ever believe this?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So yesterday, as I was walking home from the fereterria, I noticed that Medio Ambiente (Ministry of Environment) and National Police (Ministry of Thievery) had set up a check stop by the University in GH.
I thought it was Forestal looking for someone cutting wood illegally, but they were pulling over some, not all, motorcycles.
About an hour later I drove by and they had about 15 motors there.I was wondering why.

Anyway, later, I ran into a friend who was part of the Medio Ambiente, and asked him what they were doing.
You won't believe this........He said they were pulling over ALL LOUD MOTORCYCLES!!!!! He also said this practice would continue and all over the country too......Its about time don't ya think.....

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Old news, in Tamboril the police station used to rip off mufflers of loud motorcycles, bang them up, and hang them on the fence. This stopped a year ago not sure why though.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks HD, my wife asked me if anything was on dr1 about motos being taken away b.c she saw about 50 being transported in a tow truck type thing in Cab yesterday.

the cops are on a rampage against bikes. checking for papers, etc. too many guys are committing crimes with them, and the cops are on the warpath. they are stopping bikes like crazy in POP.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "POINT" is NOT to get loud "Motors" OFF the road, but to get 100 pesos "INTO" the "Policia's Pockets"!!!!
The "Motors" that get taken, are from the guys without 100 pesos!!!
There is ALWAYS, a "Back Story" in the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the cops are on a rampage against bikes. checking for papers, etc. too many guys are committing crimes with them, and the cops are on the warpath. they are stopping bikes like crazy in POP.

actually i think in POP it has other reasons as well. lately the police stepped up in our area because of increased number of assaults. they have arrested several people in the last few days.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We saw the same thing in San Cristobal about a week ago, moto after moto loaded on the back of a truck, caused quite a traffic jam.