Sosua to Punta Cana airport

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
We are travelling out of Punta Cana next month and need a reliable taxi or transport company to go from Sosua to PUJ and return 3 weeks later. Any suggestions?
Would like to drive but not sure about long term parking in that area.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The quoted rate is $400 USD from POP to PUJ from Taxi-Sosua, I am sure you can do a little better with a guarantee of RT fare to a private driver.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
The quoted rate is $400 USD from POP to PUJ from Taxi-Sosua, I am sure you can do a little better with a guarantee of RT fare to a private driver.

400 us dollars? Why not flying then? Wow
i wonder how far is sosa to punta cana?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
400 us dollars? Why not flying then? Wow
i wonder how far is sosa to punta cana?

Its like a 6-7 hour drive, look @ the map.
You have to go from Punta Cana back to Santo Domingo, then North.

I have been unable to find a scheduled flight, charter is quite pricey.

Dominican Republic & Haiti. Book flights and airport shuttles here!

Don't you get an ad on your DR1 for Seaborne airlines? That may be best if they fly to Sosua.

They do not fly to POP, Sosua does not have an airstrip yet!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The most economical way without going the guagua route is to spend a day on the buses. Metro to SD and then Bavaro Express to PC.

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
The most economical way without going the guagua route is to spend a day on the buses. Metro to SD and then Bavaro Express to PC.

Correct, Metro or Caribe Tours from Sosua to Santo Domingo, and then the bavaro express to Punta cana

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
We are travelling out of Punta Cana next month and need a reliable taxi or transport company to go from Sosua to PUJ and return 3 weeks later. Any suggestions?
Would like to drive but not sure about long term parking in that area.

OK dumb question. Why are you flying out of Punta Cana vs. Puerta Plata. Even Santo Domingo would be much easier. You will probably have to bite the bullet and pay for a private cab to take you and pick you up. If you have your own car than drive but if you leave your car for three weeks at the airport it will cost you hundreds of $$$$$$$$$.

LTSteve

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'll do it in my plane for the same price as the taxi!

POP to PUJ is 1hr 20mins in the Cessna. I can carry three pax without bags or two pax with bags.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
OK dumb question. Why are you flying out of Punta Cana vs. Puerta Plata. Even Santo Domingo would be much easier.

easy answer: sometimes only PUJ offers flights to certain destinations. BA flies only to/from PUJ. airberlin has a direct flight to/from berlin only from PUJ as well... i will be looking at making the same trip when my dad comes to DR. he cannot do connecting flights: no languages, never been on a plane or even abroad, just one flight is worrying enough, without having to change planes. he will have to do berlin-PUJ and i will have to go there to pick him up.