Fuddruckers is the newest fast food chain in DR

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Did the DR need another hamburger making place? Well we have one now that Fuddruckers is opening at the Galerias 360 mall.

They say they make the best hamburgers in the world.

Not one to be well versed in US-fast foods, but hadn't heard of them before.

Competition here is tough.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Good burgers. They took soooo long to open. Maybe it's late given the market saturation of very similar franchises. I wish them good luck and will definitely visit.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Unless they import the meat directly from the states it will taste nothing like the real thing.

LTSteve

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Broke down and went to Wendy's on Maximo Gomez in the capital today. I had forgotten how greasy American hamburgers are. IT TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!!

Aug 6, 2006
I don't know about whether they have the greatest burgers, but their burgers are really good. Certainly better than McD's, BK and even Wendy's. But then again, they cost more, too.

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
Their burgers and fries are AMAZING!!! They make a 1 pound burger. Every time I go to Vegas I make sure to hit Fudruckers up at the Orleans Hotel.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you think their burgers are great............
you haven't tried their Rib Eye steak sandwiches.............
Now they REALLY rock.................

B in Santiago

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
To me the sweet egg roll makes the burger . Thy are #1 in my book . Rember when thy usto have the whole cow in a glass windo butcher room when you walked in the frount door ? Good onion rings also. But thy well have to bring in the beef from the usa.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I was at the original one in San Antonio 30+ years ago. There was a fairly long line to get in the place (and I hate lines!).
But, at several spots along the line were big galvanized pails filled with ice and Texas bottled Beer. There was a sign next to each pail that said: "Thirsty? Help yourself to a beer and pay us when you get inside."

I fell in love with the place right then.........and the burgers are fantastic!

Aug 6, 2006
I disagree that the US has the best beef. Perhaps third place, after Uruguay and Argentina. Better than the DR or Mexico. The Mercado del Puerto in Montevideo is not to be missed. There are dozens of restaurants specializing in beef there. It takes two very hungry people to consume a chivito there, a special dish that includes everything but what it sounds like, goat.

Which is not to say that Fuddruckers does not have great burgers.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I've only been to Fuddruckers once. The meat had an off taste--not fresh. Maybe I just went on the wrong day, but I would
never go back.

I also think they are very overpriced.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Best news I've heard all day...great burgers!!!!!!!!! I wish them all the best and I can't wait to visit!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I disagree that the US has the best beef. Perhaps third place, after Uruguay and Argentina. Better than the DR or Mexico. The Mercado del Puerto in Montevideo is not to be missed. There are dozens of restaurants specializing in beef there. It takes two very hungry people to consume a chivito there, a special dish that includes everything but what it sounds like, goat.

Which is not to say that Fuddruckers does not have great burgers.

I guess you haven't tried Alberta Beef......its the best of the best of the best.....nuff said....

Fuddruckers have the best burgers too

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I'm a fan of Fuddruckers. Haven't been in a few years but I'll probably check them out. Can't say I think they are the best, but it's a very good burger as long as they use the same beef they use in the States. Love their fries too.

For those not in the know, it's a build-your-own-burger place. You tell them what size patty you want and what temperature.

Choices are 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, & 1 pound.

Depending on the restaurant they also serve Turkey, Bison, and Ostrich.

My burger: 2/3 Pound Beef Patty - medium/medium-rare, Pepper-Jack Cheese, Pico de Gallo, and LOTS of Jalape?o Peppers!!!

YUMMY

Fuddruckers%2Bburger%2Btoppings%2Bbar.JPG