USB Extension Cord in SD or SC??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm in dire need of a USB Extension Cable/Cord, any length, anyone know of a place that would sell this in Santo Domingo or San Cristobal?

I know it's an oddball thing.

I use a Claro USB stick for internet, and it's very wide, so it partially blocks the other USB port, making it unusable. So I use the stick on the extension cord, so I can then plug my MagicJack/iPad/Kindle into the other port. I was having some connection problems, so I plugged the stick into the USB directly. This morning I tried to plug the stick back into the extension and it will not go in, the oddest thing, the metal is all bent inside the connector.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
better suggestion AE get a D-link port. mine plugs into my USB port, and has 4 ports available. Model Num DUB-H4 should have at almost any computer store. Or I have a short usb to usb that I used to use on my orange dongle. would just need some way to get it to you Im in SD

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
You can find USB extension cords at any of the big department stores: La Sirena, Plaza Lama, etc. I got one last year in La Sirena. It was something like RD$ 100.

Or even better, get a USB hub. Its cord plugs into the USB port and allows you 4 or 6 extra ports. You can find them at the places named above.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
better suggestion AE get a D-link port. mine plugs into my USB port, and has 4 ports available. Model Num DUB-H4 should have at almost any computer store. Or I have a short usb to usb that I used to use on my orange dongle. would just need some way to get it to you Im in SD

You can find USB extension cords at any of the big department stores: La Sirena, Plaza Lama, etc. I got one last year in La Sirena. It was something like RD$ 100.

Or even better, get a USB hub. Its cord plugs into the USB port and allows you 4 or 6 extra ports. You can find them at the places named above.

bienamor, I will go to La Sirena this afternoon, if I can't find either a d-link-USB port or an extension, I'll let you know and can meet you in SD. We'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks to you both!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Plaza Lama" always has a big selection, especially the big one on "JFK".
Surprisingly, they don't cost very much either!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
Get a USB socket multiplier. You can find them anywhere for $10-$15, less in the US:

16753_picture5.png

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE I wont be around tomorrow, but as was said the USB Hub, same as my D-Link but thats just a brand name

but this is what your looking for Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub: Electronics

I found a bunch on eBay too, but I have no way of getting it here, we don't have an account with a forwarder. I need to find one here already.

We'll be back in SD on Monday [aduana appt for car, ugh]

We were at La Sirena today, they said they normally carry them but they are out of stock

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
AE// It does not cost anything to set up an account at Vimenpaq Vimenpaq - M?s cerca de ti They send you an email when the package gets to Miami.. and then two days later it is in SD.... They say that they can send it to your house although I have never tried. But I have never lost anything in the years that I have been using them. Great service. You can sign up on line.

May 29, 2006
I would think you could get that at any computer shop in the DR. I was able to get an sd card adapter in Sosua 10 years ago and USB multiplier is a lot more common of a device.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I would think you could get that at any computer shop in the DR. I was able to get an sd card adapter in Sosua 10 years ago and USB multiplier is a lot more common of a device.

'One would think' is a floating concept in the Dee Ah.

I was in Plaza Lama today and checked to see if they had any USB external ports and they were out of stock.

I have one on the way from Canada that I bought on eBay for $4.56 US that's 16 days in the mail now.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just my two pesos, with the price of gasoline in this country it would have been so easy to order exactly what you want from Amazon. If you are a Prime member two days later the package arrives in Miami. Two days after that the package is waiting at Vimenpaq on Avenida Bolivar and Churchill in SD. One trip to pick up the package and you have exactly what you want.

I also tried encaropaq a week ago. encargopaq delivers to your door. Only problem their tracking isn't the best so you have to hang around your home waiting or make sure someone is always home.

I understand the problem with the Claro usb stick as I had the same problem. Since I really didn't need additional ports I just purchased a simple, solid usb extender which is about an inch long.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Omega Tech
east bound side of JFK

google it on google maps

Omega Tech is a short walk from the Pedro Francisco Bon? Metro station.

Here's the Google Maps coordinate:

18.479853,-69.961068

If you like chicken El Provocon is right across the street.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Omega Tech
east bound side of JFK

Thanks!

'One would think' is a floating concept in the Dee Ah.

I was in Plaza Lama today and checked to see if they had any USB external ports and they were out of stock..

You saved me a trip, was going to check there tomorrow.

bigbird;1370787 I understand the problem with the Claro usb stick as I had the same problem. Since I really didn't need additional ports I just purchased a simple said:
That's all I really need, one actually came with my MagicJack, but it has broken, the metal inside the connector actually bent. :ermm:

Omega Tech is a short walk from the Pedro Francisco Bon? Metro station.

Here's the Google Maps coordinate:

18.479853,-69.961068

If you like chicken El Provocon is right across the street.

Thank you!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
DR1 comes through again!

Bienamor dropped off a USB extension at my in-laws, and we picked it up today.

I'll still be looking for the other ones too, but my emergency is over!

DR1 Rocks!! Thanks Bienamor!