Need a decent place to stay for two nights.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
After not so great stay at Punta Cana, my wife wants another quick getaway. This time I was thinking about Las Canas once again but I wonder if there's other hidden gems out there. I want to stay as far away from AI and I want to stay near decent restaurants for lunch/dinner. Safe and quietness is a what my wife and I am looking for. And small pool is what my son is looking for. I am not looking into spending a lot of money as we are already way over this last and this month expense threshold.

Any suggestions?

latitude19

May 29, 2011
This is near Las Galeras, Samana. For 2 people $185/nite. (a 3 year old hopefully does not count as an xtra person)Not super cheap, but super relaxing. The cook with the haus is relatively inexensive, and many good restaurants in Las Galeras about 15 minutes away. It is advised to have a 4 X 4 vehicle to get to the haus.

View to the ocean is awesome, and at this time of year you can see whales with binoculars and some without. The other side of the haus is Dominican campo full, with a beautiful view as well.

Samana Villa Rental: La Casa Del Mar: Caribbean Luxury With The Best Views | HomeAway

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Villa Taina in Cabarete would be perfect for you and your family. Very well run by a German family. Small pool for the kid and on the ocean. Within easy walking distance to many places to eat including Frank's place (Jose O'Shay's).

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
This is near Las Galeras, Samana. For 2 people $185/nite. (a 3 year old hopefully does not count as an xtra person)Not super cheap, but super relaxing. The cook with the haus is relatively inexensive, and many good restaurants in Las Galeras about 15 minutes away. It is advised to have a 4 X 4 vehicle to get to the haus.

View to the ocean is awesome, and at this time of year you can see whales with binoculars and some without. The other side of the haus is Dominican campo full, with a beautiful view as well.

Samana Villa Rental: La Casa Del Mar: Caribbean Luxury With The Best Views | HomeAway

Thanks but it's too expensive for us at current time. I will bookmark it so I can check it out later.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i sent you a short PM about a place here in costambar if you are willing to explore POP area.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Villa Taina in Cabarete would be perfect for you and your family. Very well run by a German family. Small pool for the kid and on the ocean. Within easy walking distance to many places to eat including Frank's place (Jose O'Shay's).

I am going to see if they have room available for tonight and tomorrow and how much it will cost me.

Thanks,