Motocaribe tour of Haiti

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here is another amazing video of a potential Motocaribe motorcycle Tour of Haiti (turn the volume up!):

[video=vimeo;84423164]http://vimeo.com/84423164[/video]

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Was it just me, or did anyone else see how clean the streets were compared to SD, or Santiago.....maybe PICHARDO should go and see that......oh he'll just put some spin on how they cleaned it up for Cobra and talk about how his malls are better and his metro that makes soooo much money.....LOL
GREAT VIDEO!!!!!!!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I recently watcheda video where one of the foremost Dominican expert on what's going on with the sentence of the Constitutional Tribunal and the Dominican citizenship and illegal immigrants situation; he mentioned that among certain cultural practices that are quite common in Haiti is the fear of having their picture taken due to the belief that a photo can capture a part of their soul.

Maybe Mountainannie or some of the Haitian members can chime in on this.

Anyway, this post is a response to a comment posted in the video of Motocaribe.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
My favorite part was the car axles sticking out of the ground, the colorful buses, the salt lake at the border, the motoconchos with floorboards for the feet, the people going about their daily lives, the editing, and the soundtrack.

Frank

herbnallison

Nov 11, 2005
Lake Azu?i in 2005

I followed this same path in 2005 and found the changes quite remarkable. The charcoal smugglers on Lake Azu?i that you pass by on the road in the second video are operating from the side of the road now. Here's a pic of them from 2005 when the shore was at least 100 meters from the road.
photo376026.htm