Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I need a professional translator for my Midwifery program clinical paper work. I've used a couple of people here but I give everyone a chance. Since it will be a lot of paperwork, if anyone interested could answer here or PM me with their price.

Basically, the school paperwork needs to be translated into Spanish so that the Dominican doctors that I will be working with can read them, and there are many to be signed so I want the translated forms to look as much like the English original forms as possible. Then, any answers, evaluations, comments that the doctors write on the forms need to be translated back into English so that the school can read them.

I plan to start my apprenticeship in June, there are possibly 2 hospitals to be involved. I would probably be turning in the work to you in March because April the doctors need to read and sign, and May my school needs to approve everything.

Thanks. Send in your expected price for the work, by page, or by hour, or however you do it. If you need to see some sample forms just let me know. I will look at all offers.

Just remember.....I am a mother of 4, paying for 1 in college :)

SHALENA

P.S.
I don't want to offend anyone but I want people who have done translation work before please. I CANNOT have these doctors getting my papers with grammatical or language errors....they know that I am having them translated.

Aug 6, 2006
When I did translations about ten years ago, I charged seven US cents per word. A lot of official government documents are in a sort of legalistic babble that makes them rather difficult to translate. Mexican and Cuban documents are like this, but I have not seen any Dominican ones.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
I am not sure what part of D.R. you are in so would a translator in Sosua help you out? You could always scan and email her the papers. Let me know before I contact her.

:bunny:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
When I did translations about ten years ago, I charged seven US cents per word. A lot of official government documents are in a sort of legalistic babble that makes them rather difficult to translate. Mexican and Cuban documents are like this, but I have not seen any Dominican ones.

Thank you for the comment, that gives me something to go on.
I actual have a few suggestions of people for the job now from useful DR1 members.

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am not sure what part of D.R. you are in so would a translator in Sosua help you out? You could always scan and email her the papers. Let me know before I contact her.

Yes, I am emailing someone else also so get her information for me and her price rates and let me know. If she would like to see one of the papers as an example to know what it is, I can certainly do that also.

Thanks for your help,

SHALENA

P.S.
I'm in Santiago but it's super easy to send and receive through CARIBE TOURS

Last edited:

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
In any case there is nothing wrong with paying the most minimal amount for the maximum best service.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Yes, I am emailing someone else also so get her information for me and her price rates and let me know. If she would like to see one of the papers as an example to know what it is, I can certainly do that also.

Thanks for your help,

SHALENA

P.S.
I'm in Santiago but it's super easy to send and receive through CARIBE TOURS

Cool Beans. The lady is on my facebook page and I just sent her a message. As soon as I have news I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.