Yawn! Sorry, another Marbete / Revista thread...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Dealer brought me my Placa and Marbete today.

It is 2014 and the Marbete says "2013"...

Is this correct? Or do I have to get yet another now for 2014 or are the Marbetes "a year behind"? Sorry, I don't know that b/c it is my first Marbete ever ;)

My car is a new 2014 model bought in October 2013.

Contrary to the information I got here on DR1 at the dealer I was told today to get a Revista anyways like "better safe than sorry"... so what now? (I tend to believe the information I got here on DR1 and not a secretary at the car dealer... or?).

I swear they make the Marbete and Revista way too complicated...Jajajajaja!

My Marbete says 2013 too and I was all stressed about the same thing but realized it is just probably how they do things here!

Revista you do actually need now, the last 3 years or something they didn't enforce it but now they will.
So people before said you can just show the receipt you get form the bank if asked about it but now they need to see the sticker!
You have until late Feb to get the Revista, they extended it. If you don't want to go to Ban Reserves and pay the 45 pesos to get the receipt then go to the drivers place to get the sticker and wait in a line then just find out in your area where someone sells them off the street.
What area are you in?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am in Bavaro / Punta Cana and probably would have to go to Higuey as rubio pointed out in another thread.

I just can't believe I would have to do that (revista) for a 6 month old car... the 45 DOP I would be able to get together somehow though in case of... ;)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Marbete's are giving out starting August and (this time) you had until 31st of december, 2013 it should say (the 2014 stickers will start to be given out in August (prepare, because supposedly you'll have to pay a % of the value of your vehicle as a tax instead of 2200 pesos).

With the first placa you also get the marbete...valid at that moment, so in your case 2013.

And you don't need to get the revista.