Small Cascada water bottle taste like plastic.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Does anybody know the deals with this? Are we buying fake bottled water? In our company I been drinking small bottled water past two years and the sticker on the bottle changes from time to time. One has big Cascada written on it and other times it has small lettering and I started to notice Cascada water started to taste like melted plastic starting last year. Other brand bottled waters that was purchased at same store in Moca tastes better like Aquafina. I've been asking for change before we went to vacation and got what I wanted but I've just noticed fridge full of Cascada not Aquafina and i just had a taste and it taste like plastic once again.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Does anybody know the deals with this? Are we buying fake bottled water? In our company I been drinking small bottled water past two years and the sticker on the bottle changes from time to time. One has big Cascada written on it and other times it has small lettering and I started to notice Cascada water started to taste like melted plastic starting last year. Other brand bottled waters that was purchased at same store in Moca tastes better like Aquafina. I've been asking for change before we went to vacation and got what I wanted but I've just noticed fridge full of Cascada not Aquafina and i just had a taste and it taste like plastic once again.

I am sure its real bottled water, just ask the kids that re -bottled it.

[video=youtube;UF5b1_lkd2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF5b1_lkd2c[/video]

I am sure it happens in the DR often. Even the five gallon bottles that are delivered, there is no way to test. What is the best way to assure clean bottled water? Buy in a big chain like National?

I have experienced the same thing with that plastic taste.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here in POP we buy agua internacional, directly from the producer. why not locate a producer of water/ice in your area and buy from them? and why individual bottles? large botellones are cheaper. add a water cooler and voila. better option.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I've noticed it too - the water from those small Cascada bottles that guys on the street sell tastes like plastic and the label doesn't look right. I stopped buying it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
here in POP we buy agua internacional, directly from the producer. why not locate a producer of water/ice in your area and buy from them? and why individual bottles? large botellones are cheaper. add a water cooler and voila. better option.

This is for guests that we get in our office and only two people are allowed to drink this in our office (me included). As I move around like crazed dog in our factory not having a bottle is very inconvenient and after I "lost" several of those expensive refillable bottles I stop buying those. We used to get Cascada 5 gallon water for employee and switched to locals and this is when I started to notice the funny water taste, when we started to buy small bottles from local warehouses. :(

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013

I don't recall exact temp, but water will start leaching non dangerous chemicals at some point It's surprising as those things are shipped on pallets by the millions all over the world un refrigerated

Can't say that I have ever researched it, but have never heard of anyone getting sick from them?