Hand rolled Cigars in Santiago

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I will be in Santiago in two weeks and a friend asked to pick up some cigars to bring back to the US. I know of a place at the Museo Leon that makes them hand rolled. Can anybody recommend some other places. I am not a cigar smoker and don't recall anywhere else in Santiago. Thank you to everybody in advance.

-Jbars

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
If you are in the area where there are clothing stores for women I would be surprised if someone doesn't accost you wanting to be your guide to a cigar factory. It usually happens to me when my lady goes there to buy clothes to sell on the street here in Puerto Plata.

Derfish, thx, but I was looking for an actual response, not random nonsense.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Wait for Hillbilly or Davidz to give you an actual response.

You do realize it is cheaper to buy them online and have them shipped to your Nueva Yol address, just get a plastic bag that says DR on it, lol :classic:

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Wait for Hillbilly or Davidz to give you an actual response.

You do realize it is cheaper to buy them online and have them shipped to your Nueva Yol address, just get a plastic bag that says DR on it, lol :classic:
My friend gave me money and insisted on "fresh cigars" from DR, lol

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I Believe they closed the small factory and cigar store at Centro Leon. The main factory (on the outskirts of Tamboril) now does daily tours, I'm not sure if they sell direct there, but they might. The cigar shop in the Gran Almirante hotel has all the major Dominican brands at reasonable prices...and they are definitely fresh. You can also get un-banded cigars at an amazing price which are made by a VERY famous factory in Santiago. If you PM me I'll tell you who it is :ninja:

If you want to watch the guy roll your cigars and are up for a little adventure...drive through Tamboril...there are several factories and shops on the main street that will sell direct...cigars range from decent to excellent, but I don't have any particular location to recommend. HB might.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I Believe they closed the small factory and cigar store at Centro Leon. The main factory (on the outskirts of Tamboril) now does daily tours, I'm not sure if they sell direct there, but they might. The cigar shop in the Gran Almirante hotel has all the major Dominican brands at reasonable prices...and they are definitely fresh. You can also get un-banded cigars at an amazing price which are made by a VERY famous factory in Santiago. If you PM me I'll tell you who it is :ninja:

If you want to watch the guy roll your cigars and are up for a little adventure...drive through Tamboril...there are several factories and shops on the main street that will sell direct...cigars range from decent to excellent, but I don't have any particular location to recommend. HB might.

David, thank you for the information. I will send you a pm.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.
The rollers at the Centro Leon are no more!

There are a couple of places where you / we can go for very good "freesh" cigars.

HB