Trade Garbage For Pigs?in Sosua

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Last July I hired a local women to assist me because of health reasons and six months later I can walk again.

Thank God and Lydia.

When she first starting working I learned someone had given her a small pig she could raise and sell when it was big enough. 2 months ago I asked if she wanted to raise more pigs for extra income and she said yes so I bought her 4 small pigs for $5000 rd.

I then did some research and bought 4 more but this breeding process would take too long so I bought her 2 sows ready for breeding.

The pigs are growing and she needs more food and she is willing to give a pig to any restaurant or group that
supplies her with a bucket of scraps on a ongoing basis.

I was told that this is the going price and is usually delivered ( cooked ) at Christmas time.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mike
829 729 2959

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A Dominican guy we know down the road from us raises pigs. He pays a very modest amount to a couple of restaurants on the beach for their scraps. Maybe she should approach several near you and see if she can make a deal.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
You can find people who would be happy to have someone pick up their scraps for free. You don?t need to give them a whole pig. Sounds great though!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Why the trouble walking? Accident? If it was a thread I must have missed it. Glad you're better.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Why the trouble walking? Accident? If it was a thread I must have missed it. Glad you're better.

I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy which is caused by diabetes and went from needing a cane to a walker to a wheelchair within 3 weeks of the first symptoms.

I am taking Vitamin B and some medication which helped as I could not stand or walk for 4 months.

The doctors did not know if this condition would be permanent and I am fortunate to be able function at about 80% pre diagnoses

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wow you are a trooper. Such a rapid descent must have been difficult both physically and emotionally. Iffin it was me I would hire a 20 something "theraphy assistant" to chase to get that elusive 20 percent back. Best of luck

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Wow you are a trooper. Such a rapid descent must have been difficult both physically and emotionally. Iffin it was me I would hire a 20 something "theraphy assistant" to chase to get that elusive 20 percent back. Best of luck

I broke my leg 15 years ago and was in a wheelchair for a couple of months so I was used to it but I could at least use crutches. This time I could not use my legs at all and did not know what the future would be and it did not bother me too much but when I was able to stand and walk the feeling was better than winning the lottery !

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mike, take meds, do therapy and remain positive. i hope you get better and are able to walk soon. my best wishes to recover. don't make me start a thread about you, ok? ;) i am keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

can't help with a pig, btw, sorry!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
mike, take meds, do therapy and remain positive. i hope you get better and are able to walk soon. my best wishes to recover. don't make me start a thread about you, ok? ;) i am keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

can't help with a pig, btw, sorry!

Thanks and there are 11 pigs now and yesterday was the great escape as six of them tunneled out and headed for the hills and it took Lidia 6 hours to round them out and coax them into their pen with food.

Needless to say she fortified the prison and doubled the guards.

There are a couple of good leads she is going to followup with tomorrow so hopefully she will get enough food to fatten them up for the market or BBQ

May 29, 2006
Pigs are smarter than dogs, esp when it comes to escaping. Are they white pigs or creole?

I used to work at an industrial bakery and we had a 15 yard dumpster for scraps that ended up going to some pig farmer. Sometimes a baker would forget to add the salt to a 350 pound batch of dough and it all went to the dumpster. We usually produced about a cubic yard of waste a day which was a very small amount given how much bread we made.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
de7778.jpg
. You will be on your feet soon!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Pigs are smarter than dogs, esp when it comes to escaping. Are they white pigs or creole?

I used to work at an industrial bakery and we had a 15 yard dumpster for scraps that ended up going to some pig farmer. Sometimes a baker would forget to add the salt to a 350 pound batch of dough and it all went to the dumpster. We usually produced about a cubic yard of waste a day which was a very small amount given how much bread we made.

The pigs are pink and some have black spots.

The first born was Chris P. Bacon

Pig in Wheelchair - Chris P Bacon - YouTube

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy which is caused by diabetes and went from needing a cane to a walker to a wheelchair within 3 weeks of the first symptoms.

I am taking Vitamin B and some medication which helped as I could not stand or walk for 4 months.

The doctors did not know if this condition would be permanent and I am fortunate to be able function at about 80% pre diagnoses

I'm happy for you Mike!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

This is great. Congrats on your recovery!