Victorian House Restaurant

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Had lunch with friends this noon at the Victorian House restaurant. They have a long list of lunch specials (12-3) for RD$200. The food was very good, the presentation was very good, and the view is the best in Sosua, much better, even, than the Waterfront. We will definitely be going back.0

Brionne Gillion, an American from Miami, introduced himself and asked how we enjoyed our meal. He is the owner of the restaurant and manager of Victorian House.

Brionne told us that there are 46 rooms in Victorian House and 32 are currently occupied.

The dinner menu prices looked reasonable, and this would be a great place to eat around sunset as you would get a ringside seat t the sun setting over the mountains on the other side of the bay.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Had lunch with friends this noon at the Victorian House restaurant. They have a long list of lunch specials (12-3) for RD$200. The food was very good, the presentation was very good, and the view is the best in Sosua, much better, even, than the Waterfront. We will definitely be going back.0

Brionne Gillion, an American from Miami, introduced himself and asked how we enjoyed our meal. He is the owner of the restaurant and manager of Victorian House.

Brionne told us that there are 46 rooms in Victorian House and 32 are currently occupied.

The dinner menu prices looked reasonable, and this would be a great place to eat around sunset as you would get a ringside seat t the sun setting over the mountains on the other side of the bay.

Where exactly is this located, Ken?

I'm on my way!

Frank

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where exactly is this located, Ken?

I'm on my way!

Frank

The Victorian House is on the Sosua Bay Hotel property, at the end next to the language school. You will see the open gate. Alejo Martinez dead ends at the gate.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I second Ken's recommendation. The food was good, the price was right at 200 pesos and the view is wonderful.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It's called Bourbon St Grill featuring cajun/New orleans style cuisine

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It's called Bourbon St Grill featuring cajun/New orleans style cuisine

That's true. Brionne said his parents did their thing in New Orleans, which is where the cajun comes from. ("The only cajun restaurant in the Dominican Republic.)

The chicken in the excellent sandwich I had was lightly spiced, but lightly. Same in the shrimp sandwich had by one in our party. Instead of french fries on the menu they list cajun fries, but we asked for and got just french fries. They were very good fries.

Chicken gumbo and seafood gumbo are on the menu. One in our party asked Brionne if it was good. He said it was "to die for." One of the specialties he is proud of.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I played golf with a bunch of NYPD guys and they spoke highly of the accomadations.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are the specials available every day, ken? how long will this offer last?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
are the specials available every day, ken? how long will this offer last?

Yes, daily as far as I know. Heading is "Daily Lunch Specials/Especial de Almuerzos". There is no indication the menu is temporary.

Gee5

Jan 4, 2012
This Restaurant is very Good. I am staying at the Hotel now and the View is unbeatable. I was also invited to a Weekly dinner party held by one of the Im guessing managers there. He said every Thursday from 730pm-10pm he does 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers as well as $200rd wings.. I will deffinetely be checking it out manana. These guys are very professional and friendly. I had the luxury of talking to Brionne and he was very helpful and his partner (Cant remember his name) A very young guy who lives here as well was very helpful and seemed to know everyone.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, daily as far as I know. Heading is "Daily Lunch Specials/Especial de Almuerzos". There is no indication the menu is temporary.

Did you become an honorary monger?

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Victorian House Restaurant.jpgVictorian House Restaurant.jpg
thanks, we shall give it a go one weekend! i will take photos :)

I didn't take a photo of the plate, but took a photo of restaurant. I was standing with my back to the beach view. If I had gone to other end and taken a photo, the beach would be seen.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
If these guys run this properly it has the potential to become the premier dining establishment in Sosua.
The location is the best there is IMO.
You can dine on the deck literally 3 feet from the Bay with schools of small fish etc. jumping beside you and great views of the Bay and Charamicos at night.
I LOVE this location. If the food is decent at all it should succeed in Sosua as there is nothing else that can offer what this place can IMO.
I would love to try it but unfortunately it is not in the cards any time soon.
I know the Sosua Bay Hotel itself has gone down hill in a large way over the last decade which is a shame, but hopefully the Victoria house and this new restaurant can distance themselves from that downward spiral.
We were at Sosua Bay resort in 2001 and it was a fine AI at that time. Likely my favorite AI anywhere, though I am no longer a fan of AI's :ermm:
While in Sosua last year my wife and I wandered through and it was sad to see how far the place had gone downhill as the views are second to none IMO. The place was empty.
Anyhow, enough rambling. I wish them luck and hope they make a go of it long enough for me to get there and give it a try.

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

Call me slow but I don't get the connection. All I'm hearing from dozens of sources is that it's a great place to dine and a really nice place to stay at a decent price. All I've seen is pictures of food, the menu and the grounds. None of that had azz in it.