Odd request - steam shower installation

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Has anyone seen one of these in the DR, I need someone that can install a steam shower room in my house since I have had bronchitis my entire life and steam showers were the best cure I've found for them while in Miami.

I know the installation is very detailed and certain precautions need to be taken place to ensure the tiles don't crack and cold condensation doesn't drip on the user inside, so unskilled labor is a no-go on this project in my opinion.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
How about one of those "turkish bath" type of steamers? Or do you already have the equipment?

I had one for a few years. Put it in your shower, pour some water in it, plug it in, close the curtain, and instant steam.

You'd be amazed how much steam you get from a couple of cups of water.

They're sold here on the island, but I've lost the contact information.

What happened to yours and do you know the name of the steamer? I searched for turkish bath steamer and nothing relevant came up.. Thanks a lot for your suggestion and it sounds interesting as the steam generator install is quite complicated and expensive.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Have you tried a place like Farmaconal? They are in SD behind the Friusa building in the street parallel to 27 de febrero, a few meters west from Alma Mater (tiradentes).