Majestic Colonial Resort In Punta Cana

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
A friend of mine is looking to book a vacation at this resort with his children and several other couples. He asked me to see if I could get some good intel or feedback about the place. Can any of my DR1 constituents help me out on this one? Has anyone been there? Experiences? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
A friend of mine is looking to book a vacation at this resort with his children and several other couples. He asked me to see if I could get some good intel or feedback about the place. Can any of my DR1 constituents help me out on this one? Has anyone been there? Experiences? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Tell them to google Trip adviser . There are plenty of reviews of the property. This would be your best bet.

LTSteve

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
We were there for five nights recently. We stayed in the Club Adults only section. We had two rooms, the other being for our young adult sons. Grounds were well-maintained and so were the rooms mostly, except for the time we asked housekeeping to check the source of a leak over the jacuzzi. They found someone had previously tried to staunch it by shoving towels an rolls of toilet paper over the ceiling panel. Internet access was great once we figured the right location in the room.

Other than the drama of getting in and out of the airports, it was a relaxing time. If you want to chill in a self-contained environment without much exposure to DR culture, then this is fine. The staff is well-trained and solicitous, though a large portion speak little English Food was abundant and with an adequate variety, though this is not the place for haute cuisine. Probably boring for teenagers, unless you don't mind them sneaking off for alcohol. There is evening entertainment as well as group activities during the day. You can also arrange for golf at a nearby course.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Cant say 100% for the colonial since i have only experineced the elegance which is right behind but adults only. It was a great experience there.. Food and service very good. But from my experience there I would recommend it.