Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Republic Stands Out

Dominican Republic Stands Out Among Travel Elite In 2013 Rankings

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The ballots are in and Dominican Republic has once again ranked as one of the top vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Astute travelers and tourism professionals recognized the country not only for its diverse destinations and unique splendors, but also for its signature hospitality. It's easy to see how the majestic island nation is on track to achieve record tourism numbers once again as it offers a variety of exciting experiences for every type of traveler.

"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice."

Some of Dominican Republic's top honors for 2013 included:

Click here to read full article at source:

Dominican Republic Stands Out Among Travel Elite In 2013 Rankings -- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

2. Likes frank12, Rosss, bakersindr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

tHE WHOLE PIECE IS just a bought and paid for, press release, made by and for the DR!
    Always look at the "source", and then the "AGENDA"!!!!!!!!!!
    SCROLL TO THE END OF THE POST, LOOK AT THE "sOURCE",...."WOW", the Dominican Dept. of Tourism"!!!!!!

"Who Knew"???????????????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

4. Likes jinty05, frank recktenwald liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"No More "KOOLAID" For you YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Public Relations Article

"Dominican Republic is one of the top ten destinations among Hispanic travelers in the U.S. ...."

Now, isn't that surprising....

They probably also counted the repatriated ex-prisoners (3,874 in 2013)......

PR= You pay, they lie for you.

donP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I originally came because it was the cheapest place I could go. I loved it, my 5 friends did not...never came back.

I love that part about Eco- Friendly. I am sorry, it amazes me how unfriendly to the environment this country is.

The DR does have some lovely AI's.

8. Likes waytogo, drstock, frank recktenwald liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    I am sorry, it amazes me how unfriendly to the environment this country is.
    This country still produces some of the sweetest berries known to mankind.

10. Likes ramesses, Criss Colon, rice&beans liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    This country still produces some of the sweetest berries known to mankind.
    I agree! Them berries are sweeeeeet!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahahahaha..... I m sure a couple of purple croonies belive in it.
    Long live the dr tourisim!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    I love that part about Eco- Friendly. I am sorry, it amazes me how unfriendly to the environment this country is.
    Hopefully on the mend. I was sat at one of the nicest seats in a santo domingo restaurant the other day, that is always blown to bits by the amount of plastic cups, bottles and foam that floats right underneath your feet as you try to ignore it while eating and gazing into the horizon, Adrian Tropical. We sat for a moment and were chatting away and then I became aware I could not see any plastic in the ocean. Usually there is a bed of about 20 meters of the stuff. I go there once a week and so have become hardened to it, but very pleasant to see something has been happening. What, I do not know. Does anyone know of a coastal clean up?

Is that a hijack?

14. Dislikes Sosua Sonny disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUG View Post
    Hopefully on the mend. I was sat at one of the nicest seats in a santo domingo restaurant the other day, that is always blown to bits by the amount of plastic cups, bottles and foam that floats right underneath your feet as you try to ignore it while eating and gazing into the horizon, Adrian Tropical. We sat for a moment and were chatting away and then I became aware I could not see any plastic in the ocean. Usually there is a bed of about 20 meters of the stuff. I go there once a week and so have become hardened to it, but very pleasant to see something has been happening. What, I do not know. Does anyone know of a coastal clean up?

Is that a hijack?
    May be, I am talking more on the overall attitude about their ecology. For such a beautiful country, most people really don't seem to give a poop about just blatantly throwing garbage around. I saw a car on the side of the road yesterday, changing his oil....he was just letting the old oil run into the gutter. I walk by that mess and a large truck goes by and blasts me with exhaust that made me cough in the cloud. Maybe SD is making strides but I have not seen it in Sosua....just look at the beach at the end of the day of a holiday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast