mailing a letter from Puerto Plata to Canada Any experience Does it work?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can try a courier like UPS or fedex. the costs are high thou. we used dominican inposdom few times already to email packages to the states so i would give it a go with a letter sent by their courier services. they paired up with US post and give you tracking number to follow on US post website with daily updates as far as the status of the package. the packages go from POP to SD sorting office every day abound noon. from SD they fly to the USA and are handled by US post.
Inposdom

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I have a friend who mails regurlarly to Canada and France... Give it 3 weeks to reach destination. Around 35 pesos for the stamp.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Harley" it MUST have been ane "HUGE" letter!
I send "letters" all the time with "EPS", and it cost a few dollars, and when it gets to Miami, they put the stamp on.
You must have done some "Special" instructions, or it weighed 10 pounds???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LegendaryXD

Sep 28, 2013
It works. I just sent a letter before Christmas from Toronto to Puerto Plata. It cost a fair bit since it was large pictures and it was sent on an express route.

Sent from my sexy electronic device,

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I was wondering if this was an option? tks

I think it depends how important the letter is and what the contents are? If you want to be sure it gets there in a timely matter I would consider sending it UPS or FEDEX but this will cost you probably close to $50usds. Check with a local freight and mail forwarding company, as CC suggested and it may be very reasonable. If it is important I would not trust the DR Postal system.

LTSteve

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I sent a fairly large padded envelope from Toronto to Puerto Plata on January 24th. Just photos to friends i met on the malecon when i was there in early January. I will post when i find out when it arrived just as an interest point of how long it takes. I sent it air mail, so probably will be in the country by January 27th. After that , who knows. :)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Out going letters, through Dominican mail OK, incoming not so good! Still have not received photos sent from Indiana 8 years ago to a PO box here

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Out going letters, through Dominican mail OK, incoming not so good! Still have not received photos sent from Indiana 8 years ago to a PO box here

My mother sends me various documents...etc from British Columbia Canada. I always get them , although time varies. It takes anywhere from two weeks to five, but normally about three weeks, and they deliver to my house.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I have mailed a few documents to the United States via the local post office. Some arrived, some didn't. Those that arrived did so in one to three months' time.

Since I visit the United States about every three months, I just wait until I get there and go to the local post office. But otherwise, I would use the Dominican mail service for unimportant items.

Aug 6, 2006
I have successfully sent letters and bunches of photos to the DR.

I sent a greeting card as well, but it never arrived. It was in a fancier envelope.

Perhaps someone thought it contained money. (It didn't)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If it absolutely, positively has to be there within a few days to a week than send it by UPS, FEDEX or another trusted carrier.

LTSteve

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don't you have a house number. If not you are probably identified on your power bill with a location.

Bingo! We found out we had an address from our Edesur bill. So now we painted the number on the house.

For YEARS we've had our boxes and tanques delivered to suegra in SD, this year we directed them here. Took them awhile to find us, but they did. And they wanted to know if we were related to the people in SD who they usually delivered to.