Hotel Near Santiago Airport

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Recommendation or advice on something near the airport. I arrive 2 am and just need a place to crash until the morning. Clean, inexpensive and a place that will accommodate a very late check-in.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Recommendation or advice on something near the airport. I arrive 2 am and just need a place to crash until the morning. Clean, inexpensive and a place that will accommodate a very late check-in.

Stay in one of the higher end cabanas right outside the airport, cheap, very clean and safe.
You can pay for a 4 hour slot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While I will not dispute the validity of those recommendations, I would think that a 15 minute trip into town would not be too much to sleep in a nice hotel such as Aloha Sol or Hotel Jardines (809 276 8222) ...

That taxi is going to charge you the night time fare regardless...

Just a thought.

HB

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Hillbilly I agree but given that I would be just as comfortable on an airport bench for a few hours it doesn't bother me to just find a cabana near the airport that I can crash at.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
All last question as I have no history of goo to a cabana. Do you just show up and take a room like a typical hourly motel? I figure that spending anytime online with Orbitz or Expedia is stupid.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
All last question as I have no history of goo to a cabana. Do you just show up and take a room like a typical hourly motel? I figure that spending anytime online with Orbitz or Expedia is stupid.

No, just show up, cabanas are not on Travelocity!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The best hotel (I don't consider caba?as to be true hotels, but if you don't mind going into one then follow one of the other advice) that is near the airport is the Hodelpa, forgot its full name, but its the old Marriott on the Duarte Highway. Heading towards Santiago, it will be on the right.

Its a real hotel and close to the airport, which means you don't need to worry about people seeing you coming out of a caba?a alone, unless you hardly know anyone in the area or you don't have girlfriend/wife or her family/friends don't live in the area.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
I'm not afraid of looks. I know no one and I am and look like a gringo so they'll stare anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
While I will not dispute the validity of those recommendations, I would think that a 15 minute trip into town would not be too much to sleep in a nice hotel such as Aloha Sol or Hotel Jardines (809 276 8222) ...

That taxi is going to charge you the night time fare regardless...

Just a thought.

HB

I've done both. And if cost is not an issue, I agree with you. I just think that it's only fair to note that any decent hotel downtown is going to cost quite a bit more for a room to sleep in until morning than your average cabana.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Four the few hours of rest paying for a full service hotel seems like money better utilized elsewhere. Anyone know roughly what a cabana may run and if they will take dollars?