Safest way to get home Cabarete to GH?

Ok so sometimes I like to go to Cab and stay out late till 2-4am. Clearly drinking and driving is not the smartest thing ever especially if u saw pics of my smashed up car ( yes it was a stupid move) so last weekend the wife and I took a cab back which seemed a bit shady and was not the easiest thing to get at that time in the direction we were going. Is there an easy way to do this?!
We paid 500 pesos after he agreed on 300 and in the day we pay 40 pesos.
What should this actually cost as well in the wee hours?

We live in Las Canas GH.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
definitely what derfish said. find a cab driver working nights, ask local cabarete people for advice (like frank but also bar owners or other dr1 residents). agree on the price per ride and just give him a call every time you need a ride. it is good to keep using the same driver so you establish some sort of a relationship. keep safe!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I agree with Derfish. That is the only way to get a reliable ride home. And someone who works at a bar can steer you to a reliable cabbie but who better to ask than Frank12.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
when the ride home costs more than a bed for the night - I stay put.........opt for the bed

win/win situation and a safer / cheaper ride in the AM

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Ok so sometimes I like to go to Cab and stay out late till 2-4am. Clearly drinking and driving is not the smartest thing ever especially if u saw pics of my smashed up car ( yes it was a stupid move) so last weekend the wife and I took a cab back which seemed a bit shady and was not the easiest thing to get at that time in the direction we were going. Is there an easy way to do this?!

We live in Las Canas GH.

Dude, when I get down to the DR again in March, we gotta party!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Steve does have the cleanest pool in Costa Azul, I will give credit where credit is due.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

We live in Las Canas GH.

If I lived in GH and wanted to get wasted in Cab and come home 2-4AM , I would just stay at William's hotel for like 1000 pesos a night. A cab ride will easily cost that and you'd have to get a cab to and from. I think william's hotel is casablanca or something, right next to janets.

If I lived in GH and wanted to get wasted in Cab and come home 2-4AM , I would just stay at William's hotel for like 1000 pesos a night. A cab ride will easily cost that and you'd have to get a cab to and from. I think william's hotel is casablanca or something, right next to janets.

If I stayed O/N I would have to get a guard and we would not do that to our animals...yes we are the people that don't leave them longer than 8 hours. My Canadian Chihuahua would have a heart attack without me coming home!

Also I am a night person and don't go to sleep till 4-6 am usually so I wouldn't really be that tired yet to stay in Cab.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Why not do what i do...come into town on either a jet ski or a paraglider with a fan in the back and a beer cooler next to you. That way you can drink on the way in, and drink on the way back. Ain't nothing to run into once you get airborne and are 50ft above ground.

If you fall asleep at the wheel. You can wake up in either Puerto Rico or ST. Thomas. Once there, have breakfast and buy a 6-pack of beer and fly back home. Easy as cake!

Frank.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I always use carrito publico's at night and have never had a problem.....Just wait on the street in Cabarete and look for the car with the white taxi thingy on top of it. Its 60 pesos per person at night and its safe.