Six Dominican Beaches Not To Be Missed

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Need to visit Bahia de las Aguilas, then I've seen them all.

Cambiaso I went various times by Catamaran and Scooter (!) :) 15 years ago when living in Luperon...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have been to sosua, isla paraiso, cayo levantado. i am not sure about playa cambiaso. i've been to luperon and la isabela many times, on small, stunning beaches. i actually love the are immediately where the columbus museum is. sosua is blah and isla paraiso and cayo levantado both suffer the same fate: too many visitors. too much noise, too much mess. isla paraiso really makes me sad. this should be a f**king sanctuary and not the area where tourist cattle is brought in hundreds.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Except for the fact that they say that the "real name of the little key is Paradise", when the real name is Cayo Arena...Paraiso was put on it by the Germans that run Paradise Tours out of the POP area.

Just Bah?a de las ?guilas...and that is a road trip...

HB

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We've been to 5 of 6 and I'd bet since we can name more so can many others.
Our picks besides the above are Playa Grande,La Entrada, Diamante,Playa LaBoca,Playa Caleton,Playa Ballenas,Playa Las Galeras & Playa Rincon.

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
Our picks besides the above are Playa Grande,La Entrada, Diamante,Playa LaBoca,Playa Caleton,Playa Ballenas,Playa Las Galeras & Playa Rincon.
Agree with that.. I hike them a lot here living in Las Galeras.. But you forgot Playa Madama and Playa Fronton.. Only by hiking or boat....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They left out the 9th rated beach in the world by Conde Nest a few years ago. Playa Rincon.

Playa Caleton could be on the list also.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Playa Grande - wonderful! Waves, waves and lots of sand.

Playa la Entrada - magnific. Just love the river and the ocean at the same place. And the fish they sell there is to die for.

Playa Diamante - a paradise. Really shallow and nice for the smaller kids that can't take the Atlantic waves at Playa Grande.

Playa Caleton - relaxed and nice, but not really magnificent IMO. Decent snorkeling waters though.

Never been to any of the others you mention, but I would like to add my own personal favorite to the list: Playa Preciosa. Had it all for ourselves a whole day, since most people prefer the nearby Playa Grande. So beautiful ...

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Playa Grande - wonderful! Waves, waves and lots of sand.

Playa la Entrada - magnific. Just love the river and the ocean at the same place. And the fish they sell there is to die for.

Playa Diamante - a paradise. Really shallow and nice for the smaller kids that can't take the Atlantic waves at Playa Grande.

Playa Caleton - relaxed and nice, but not really magnificent IMO. Decent snorkeling waters though.

Never been to any of the others you mention, but I would like to add my own personal favorite to the list: Playa Preciosa. Had it all for ourselves a whole day, since most people prefer the nearby Playa Grande. So beautiful ...
Can you give directions to these beeches?Tks

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Please recommend a beach closer than playa grande to cabarete that has clear water, no waves and is not too shallow like diamante? NC, I would appreciate directions too.