U.S. H-2A and H-2B Visa program open to Dominicans

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
WASHINGTON D.C., United States, Tuesday January 28, 2014, CMC ? The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) says six Caribbean countries are among 63 countries worldwide that are eligible to participate in two visa programmes this year.

The H-2A and H-2B Visa programmes allow US employers to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary agricultural and non-agricultural jobs, respectively.

The USCIS identified the Caribbean countries eligible to participate in the visa programmes as Barbados, Belize, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti and Jamaica.

Generally, USCIS said it only approves H-2A and H-2B petitions for nationals of countries the Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as eligible to participate in the programmes.

USCIS also said it may approve H-2A and H-2B petitions for nationals of countries not on the list if it is determined to be in the interest of the United States.

Effective January 18, 2014, USCIS said nationals of the identified Caribbean countries are eligible to participate in the H-2A and H-2B Visa programmes.

It said the notice does not affect the status of beneficiaries who currently are in the United States in H-2A or H-2B status unless they apply to change or extend their status.

The USCIS said each country?s designation is valid for one year from January 18, 2014.

Read more: Six Caribbean countries eligible for US visa programme - Caribbean360

May 29, 2006
I worked with Jamaicans on that program. It's a really good gig if they can do field work. $8/hour plus bunk housing and one guy in the house also drives the crew on shopping trips. Most of the guys in the program were in their 40s and were expecting to save enough in one season to buy a house when they got back. Very long hours and no time and a half for overtime, but the barely spend anything, in part because they aren't allowed to go to bars on their off time.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Our golf course in PA uses this program... works very well.

Pay structure is driven by the employer if I recall.

Our workers were Mexican -- good workers and yes, they earn enough to 'retire' for the rest of the year in Mexico.

Good opportunity for Dominicans...... golf courses, lawn service companies, etc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The program provides "Summer Workers" to the business' on "Cape Cod" in Massachusetts each year.
Lots of Jamaicans come year after year.
They can never get enough workers to fill the jobs available.
I hope this works for some Dominicanos, their "History" of "Leaving" when their visas expire is not Stellar!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The program provides "Summer Workers" to the business' on "Cape Cod" in Massachusetts each year.
Lots of Jamaicans come year after year.
They can never get enough workers to fill the jobs available.
I hope this works for some Dominicanos, their "History" of "Leaving" when their visas expire is not Stellar!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

From official figures the Dominicans that do abuse and violate their visas to the U.S. is a known fact of less than 2%. Now if you would please, pretty please post the source of your "history" in figures as not "stellar" with sugar on top!

Or were you speaking as usual "off" from your medications?

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Visas aren't abused because so many are already in prison.
Picardo, please post these known facts you speak of. And while you're at it, please post the same for people on the same Visas from Ecuador and Mexico in the east coast states.