Remodeling hotels in Santo Domingo

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The Melia has been upgraded.. and sorta closed.. well closed the pool and tore out the lobby.. Now the Sheraton is running it.. if you can find the lobby.. But no more outsiders allowed to swim.,

The Hotel Santo Domingo is closed for remodeling

Across the street, the Hotel Hispaniola is also closed for remodeling.

The Jaragua is scheduled to close for remodeling in April.

I still have two pools to chose from.. and, of course, once I do, those hotels will close for remodeling..

Seems like a lot of rooms off line.. but I guess the upgrades were needed.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The best place for swimming in Santo Domingo is the newly remodeled Club Paraiso on Winston Churchill, shortly north of Av. Gustavo Mejia Ricart. The club is the best value for joining in Santo Domingo, and there is masters swimming for RD$1,200 a month! You get to swim two hours, Mon-Fri from 8 to 10pm.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Definitely the hotels need upgrades considering that soon the JW Marriott will open at Blue Mall and Embassy Suites at Silver Sun. Add to that the other hotels that have opened in the last few years, most of them in Naco-Piantini area (Holiday Inn on Lincoln, that new hotel on 27 de Febrero by the boulevard, etc). An Intercontinental is currently under construction across the street from Acropolis too while the old Intercontinental on the Malec?n was remodeled and converted to a Crowne Plaza.

Plenty of competition has been raising the bar, in the end the consumer wins. :)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The best place for swimming in Santo Domingo is the newly remodeled Club Paraiso on Winston Churchill, shortly north of Av. Gustavo Mejia Ricart. The club is the best value for joining in Santo Domingo, and there is masters swimming for RD$1,200 a month! You get to swim two hours, Mon-Fri from 8 to 10pm.

Thanks Dolores, I will check that our, even though I do not want to swim at night.. Are there any other outdoor pools besides the Olimpic?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You can become a member of the club and then swim during the day. They have very reasonable membership plans.