por fin?road repaired!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
The really bad bit around Coconut Palms (Encuentro) was repaired yesterday.

Now I'm just hoping that they didn't use up the year's asphalt allowance and can maybe fill the rest of the holes between sosua and Cabarete!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The really bad bit around Coconut Palms (Encuentro) was repaired yesterday.

Now I'm just hoping that they didn't use up the year's asphalt allowance and can maybe fill the rest of the holes between sosua and Cabarete!

i drive that stretch once to twice a day on a motorcycle. I was so happy to see them repairing it yesterday. Do you drive a motorcycle as well?

Frank

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Just got back from there.
I hope that 150 metres is not all they are going to do!
The rest of the road is still terrible.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
the good news is that part of the road was repaired…

…the bad news is that this means it will be at least (and probably a helluva lot more than) one more year until they actually resurface the whole road from Sosua to Cabarete.
God alone knows why they thought that resurfacing Cabarete East was a priority last year?!

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
I'm always shocked how fast a new street is damaged again or the repair is brocken again.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Don't take long in this weather and traffic.
Der Fish

Roads need constant maintenance. A dirty word in many countries. The traffic on this road is not that much and this year we have had very little rain. It's just poor foundation, negligence and cheap patching that destroys the surface.