Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default German Man's 'Basura' Protest

Las Terrenas

A German resident protested against the insufficient rubbish collection. He drove his lorry onto the driveway of the local townhall and threw a few bags with trash near the entrance.
    He was handcuffed and allegedly beaten by municipality police and finally apprehended by PN.

donP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How can he allow to get apprehended by the "municipality police" ... those are niemands... if I do nto stop for AMET, I would stop even less for a joke called municipality police.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That´s great! He went to the source. What the protest people usually do is empty everyone´s trash cans on the streets, in front of people´s homes. If the garbage truck isn´t coming anyway, this creates more problems for regular citizens.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time for him to go back to die Heimat.

5. Likes Rattus_Rattus, wrecksum liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a continuous problem for Las Terrenas and just about anywhere else in the DR. There are garbage cans but they are filled to the brim and over flowing and the pick up schedule is always running behind. Additionally people leave bags next to the container which are opened by dogs and the cycle goes on and on and...........I feel his pain. This should be one of the easier problems to fix but nothing is easy in the DR and you get the feelling that this is not a priority for local gov.

LTSTeve

7. Likes frank12, Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There's also a Part 1. Near the end of the vid you can see the guy in the stripped shirt reaching for something in the waist of the Black T-shirt guy. Then you can see the black T-shirt guy pulling a pistol from his waist.

That whole thing could have ended differently.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    That is a continuous problem for Las Terrenas and just about anywhere else in the DR. There are garbage cans but they are filled to the brim and over flowing and the pick up schedule is always running behind. Additionally people leave bags next to the container which are opened by dogs and the cycle goes on and on and...........I feel his pain. This should be one of the easier problems to fix but nothing is easy in the DR and you get the feelling that this is not a priority for local gov.

LTSTeve
    we all agree that the garbage situation is dire. however, people have to be smart when they decide to act. i do not think that Germans in Germany would have appreciated such behavior from an immigrant, and he should have considered the fact that Dominicans might have resented this display.

10. Likes Mauricio, bronzeallspice liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post

LTSTeve
    Actually our pickup is always on Schedule and time. The street-cleaners also do a decent job. The problem is two-fold; too much garbage is created and people just throw their garbage on the street. It might help if more garbage containers were put out by the city.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Actually our pickup is always on Schedule and time. The street-cleaners also do a decent job. The problem is two-fold; too much garbage is created and people just throw their garbage on the street. It might help if more garbage containers were put out by the city.
    thanks for the info, bob, but not all towns in the DR can be the utopia that Jarabacoa is. this article is making reference to LT. what bearing does it have on the subject that garbage pickup is wonderful in your neck of the woods?

13. Likes monfongo liked this post
    Dislikes tommeyers disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We got our "Garbage Bill" here in SD yesterday.
    It's up to 80,000 pesos now!!!!!!
    If I ever see a truck, I'll pay them direct!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast