Dominican artist Nolberto suffered electric shock while on stage

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
shares
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Next

Warning: Some people may find the footage upsetting

This is the horrifying moment a singer suffered a huge electric shock live on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans.

Dominican artist Nolberto was midway through his band Alkala?s performance of Yo por tu amor (Me for your love) at a carnival in Ranchillos, Argentina, when he placed his hand on a metal pole.
Dramatic mobile phone footage shows him convulsing as the volts start to surge through his body, while smoke rises from his arms and he collapses off the stage.
With the audience screaming in terror, security guards rush to his unconscious side.
After several minutes, Nolberto regained consciousness and managed to return to the stage to continue the show.
?Nothing like this has ever happened to me before,? Nolberto later told Diario La Provincia.
?What happened was that the stage was damp, and when I touched the metal I suffered the shock. So to stop myself from being shocked I had to throw myself off the stage.?

[video=youtube;QqTiIeyRYdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTiIeyRYdU#t=94[/video]

Singer suffers electric shock on stage video: Nolberto survives massive electric shock midway through performance | Metro News

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
I can't beleive the guy actually got back on stage to finish the show. ( With the smoke that you see, i can't believe he wasn't burned !!) That's one bad ass dude.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
As a lineman, I can't believe he's alive! He became a ground, and looks like the Electric threw him. He is very lucky. So its safe to say the D.R. isn't the only counrty with lacking electrical codes and electricians!

drescape24

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Show must go on!!

Let's see, The hot wire goes here, um wait, no there, and the neutral goes here, I think and oh that green wire, fuggedadboutit. (The real problem was all the wires were the same color!)

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
In a related story, the very next day Norberto invented an auto engine that runs on salt water, he solved the problem of quantum gravity, discovered another planet in our solar system, and developed a vaccine for the common cold.