Fresh langosta - SD

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
The only place i saw so far that sells Langosta alive in SD is Carrefour. Anyone know other place s that sells it alive?

I went to a marisco center, and they only had it froZen

They sell it at 500 pesos / pound at carrefour, is that a standard price? I tought it was gonna be cheaper then this.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The only place i saw so far that sells Langosta alive in SD is Carrefour. Anyone know other place s that sells it alive?

I went to a marisco center, and they only had it froZen

They sell it at 500 pesos / pound at carrefour, is that a standard price? I tought it was gonna be cheaper then this.

No you didn't.

You cant mentioned the "L" word during lunch time.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Drive down las Americas and you will see kids at the side of the road selling freshly caught, and you can pretty much name your price, within reason!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Drive down las Americas and you will see kids at the side of the road selling freshly caught, and you can pretty much name your price, within reason!

We stopped last week......250 pesos a pound. When we started to leave they yelled 240!! We left anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012

Yeah i saw them a few times, will do that next time i go to the beach.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's not a REAL lobster!!!!
No CLAWS!!!!!
Got to go to New England/Canada to get the sweet, tender, juicy "Real Lobster"!!!!
The stuff they sell on the way to "Las Americas" are just big cockroaches!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
No CLAWS!!!!!
Got to go to New England/Canada to get the sweet, tender, juicy "Real Lobster"!!!!

Haha i have to agree the lobster here is nothing compare to in Canada! F*ck i miss real good lobster.

And i always feel in restaurant they always serve you frozen lobster (im pretty sure most do) so i wanna cook it myself!

only only place i have see them alive in an aquarium is at carrefour, are people so dumb to really buy frozen lobster at high price?? I guess!!!!!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I never understood that either, the reason you pay high for certain fish is because it is fresh. But people do live frozen food live frozen food lives these days and do not know quality, and so do not understand real good food. Especially here where you really do have to pay for good seafood.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
If you stop, be sure they're still alive. The ones the guy had were huge, and very dead. Not sure for how long, which is why I'd never buy them.

Thats one of the reason i never stopped, i tought maybe... They arent so "fresh"!!!

I preferer to eat chicken and rice instead of dead high price lobster!

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
No CLAWS!!!!!

Surprisingly, Caribbean Spiny Lobster are not even related to the "Maine" or Canadian Lobster. The Caribbean lobster tastes "OK" to me if you find someplace that will either boil or steam them, Lobster cooked on a grill or fried just isn't right

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
It's funny how every place on the coast offers you lobster, because they know they can sell it for more. The plain regular fried fish is better anyway(200-300 pesos). Try having a lobster steamed properly and served with garlic butter on the east coast(us/can) or by someone who knows how.