canadian missionary shot 9 times in cabarete

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
From the Article :

The victim was identified as 64-year-old national Canadian Lef Welehmann, suffers on the main road opposite the Hotel Martini, sector La Rinconada in this city, who resist an assault by two men so far unknown, they fired a burst of shots, 9 of which impressed them in different parts of your bodyincluding chest, left leg, right knee, left arm and right knee.

Olly and the Team

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wow, 9x and he is still alive. Those Canadians are hard to kill. Cabarete is looking more and more dangerous. Usually not a good idea to resist armed Robbers unless you are carrying a concealed weapon and you are trained. With the increasing cost of ammunition it appears that criminals are not getting to the practice range. Double tap, center of mass, then run works for me

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The knee! An obvious lack of practice. In the old days knee shots (kneecapping) was a common mob warning to stop what you were doing.Glad to here the good news that he is still alive, lucky guy.

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
wow. just up the road a but from my place.
I hope he recovers and i hope they catch the twits.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Inspect the weapons of all cops in the city and province at once.
then you get you shooter

HB

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I read one single line by dv8 and I understood. Then I read the article and know less than before...

- Misioneros se marchan del pais al ver a compa?ero valeado 9 veces (le dieron un vale?)
- Un ciudadano extranjero recibi? 9 impactos de balas al resistirse a un arresto
- partes de su cuerpo, incluyendo torax, pierna izquierda, rodilla derecha, brazo izquierdo y rodilla derecha. (guess he was shot twice there)

I do hope the guy recovers fully. So sad. Seems like an inside job, maybe the guy holding the bottle on his way to the airport.
-

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
From the Article :

The victim was identified as 64-year-old national Canadian Lef Welehmann, suffers on the main road opposite the Hotel Martini, sector La Rinconada in this city, who resist an assault by two men so far unknown, they fired a burst of shots, 9 of which impressed them in different parts of your bodyincluding chest, left leg, right knee, left arm and right knee.Olly and the Team

This doesn't point to a robbery or some random violence. It indicates a message. They left him one good arm to pay them with.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, in one line it says he resisted "arresto" and just below that he resisted "asalto". this is normal. the news come in and someone types super fast, clicks "publish" and voila. usually they come back with a more polished article later on.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I read one single line by dv8 and I understood. Then I read the article and know less than before...

- Misioneros se marchan del pais al ver a compa?ero valeado 9 veces (le dieron un vale?)
- Un ciudadano extranjero recibi? 9 impactos de balas al resistirse a un arresto
- partes de su cuerpo, incluyendo torax, pierna izquierda, rodilla derecha, brazo izquierdo y rodilla derecha. (guess he was shot twice there)

I do hope the guy recovers fully. So sad. Seems like an inside job, maybe the guy holding the bottle on his way to the airport.
-

It's baleado, even the journalists here don't know how to write. :ermm:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
yes, in one line it says he resisted "arresto" and just below that he resisted "asalto". this is normal. the news come in and someone types super fast, clicks "publish" and voila. usually they come back with a more polished article later on.

they did not mean to kill him..there is more to this, i am sure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I agree. If the shooter wanted to eliminate him all he had to do was aim at the head.He would not have missed 9 times.

head is kinda small and hard. personally, i would aim for the torso: bigger target and just one bullet can be deadly.

but in this case i think the attackers shot in his general direction rather than aimed at a specific point. unless they deliberately shot the knee, the guy refused to cooperate, they shot the hand, he still refused and so on. but then why bother with dialogue when you can kill first and then rob the body?