Looking for CAR

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
I know that there are a couple of older posts about buying cars in the DR. I've read them and wanted to post looking for more specefic info.

I am living in Puerto Plata and would like to find a decent used car to get around. Mostly once and a while trip to Santiago, Punta Cana, and the capital. I am looking to spend no more than 170,000 pesos. I have a used honda lead I can trade in, but I kinda wanna keep it for local travel.

Anyone selling, or know of anyone selling a good used car. Would rather deal with person-to-person sales. but if you know of a good dealership, will be willing to test them out as well. Tried looking online on the big websites and they are mostly for the larger cities. Selection not too good for NC outside of Santiago.

Thanks All.

PS - if anyone is willing to rent out there car for a fair feeonce and awhile that'll work too. Or you can come with on trips (EVEN BETTER)

DRJo

Feb 2, 2014
I know that there are a couple of older posts about buying cars in the DR. I've read them and wanted to post looking for more specefic info.

I am living in Puerto Plata and would like to find a decent used car to get around. Mostly once and a while trip to Santiago, Punta Cana, and the capital. I am looking to spend no more than 170,000 pesos. I have a used honda lead I can trade in, but I kinda wanna keep it for local travel.

Anyone selling, or know of anyone selling a good used car. Would rather deal with person-to-person sales. but if you know of a good dealership, will be willing to test them out as well. Tried looking online on the big websites and they are mostly for the larger cities. Selection not too good for NC outside of Santiago.

Thanks All.

PS - if anyone is willing to rent out there car for a fair feeonce and awhile that'll work too. Or you can come with on trips (EVEN BETTER)

Whatever you do do not buy from Los Hermanitos in Puerto Plata. I just bought a car from this man, he charged me double what I have been told I should have been charged to change the paperwork over and then charged me the same price again when the papers arrived despite the fact that I had a reciept written by his own hand.

valeri

Feb 3, 2014
Whatever you do do not buy from Los Hermanitos in Puerto Plata. I just bought a car from this man, he charged me double what I have been told I should have been charged to change the paperwork over and then charged me the same price again when the papers arrived despite the fact that I had a reciept written by his own hand.

It is normal practice here. If you do not like - go to USA.