Where to BUY wallpaper paste in Santo Domingo?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Internet?????
I have never seen "Wallpaper" on a wall here.
Will it "Stick"????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hi Chris,

I tried the internet a lot before posting here, nothing to be found.
I don't need it for wallpaper but paper mache, if you (or somebody else) knows another similar product?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Tried ferreteria?

I've seen it used, and I'm almost sure you can buy the glue in Americana.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
There are home-made wall paper paste recipes online. Should work fine for paper mache. It's just starch, flour, alum, etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I also use "School Glue" the white liquid kind, diluted with water until more "runny" than it comes from the bottles.
We use it for school projects, like the annual "Volcano".
It's a mess, but when the strips of paper finally dry, the project is super strong, and holds paint well.
I often make the basic frame of the project in "Chicken Wire" (Hardware Stores) that I wire to a wooden, or heavy cardboard base,and then dip the strips of newspaper into the "Glue" and drape over the frame.
It takes days to dry, as the more layers you add the better it looks!
Don't wait until the "Night Before" to begin, and think you can finish in time!!!!!
The paint needs a dry surface to dry well.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
We got wall paper paste in Santo Domingo years ago at a store on one of the streets that runs between Kennedy and 27th of February-the same street that Pizza Hut is on-can't remember the name of the street. The store is on the same side of the street as Wendy's- 4/5 story building with furniture and household stuff. They used to have a wallpaper section too. We had it on our house in Santiago and then later in La Romana and it worked fine. One recommendation-sand the walls well before applying-all the imperfections of the plastering job show through when you put wall paper on. Good luck!
Rick

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
We use watered down elmers(or white school) glue all the time for paper mache products. They sell white school glue in a jar that can be used to refill the bottles, La Sirena had it at the beginning of school...google how to make paper mache paste it is easy but far messier than using school glue diluted and in the end the school glue is cheaper and dries faster. Good luck