Snow

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Which countries are nearest where a Dominican can go visa free where she is sure to find snow?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I have taken a total of 12 people to see snow for the first time in their life. Always great to see how people react to it for the first time. Yes, I'd guess Ecuador would be the easiest and closest.

Bring her to my house there is some remaining from last storm on my backyard. I had same feeling before, not any more!

I would like to see a coconut tree better,

JJ

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
If I never see nor feel snow again in my life I shall be well content but kids are another matter. Here in the RD the amount of propaganda pumped at kids is atrocious what with sleigh bells, songs about snow, movies with snow. My little girl is always going on about snow and when is she going to see and feel some. We had the thought of trying to find the cheapest way to achieve this as a birthday present for her, hence the thread.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I am pretty sure she won't be pleased after seen Ecuatorian snow, she is going to remain dreaming with the American NY snow.

JJ

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Bring her here, it's snowing like crazy right now! She can have all the snow she wants, free for the taking! :D

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Bring her here, it's snowing like crazy right now! She can have all the snow she wants, free for the taking! :D
The same here in Massachusetts. We have 9 inches already today and it is not stopping any time soon. My little car is almost buried. Anyone who wants to experience snow for the first time can come and shovel it out for free. I don't think they would want to see snow for a second time! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The same here in Massachusetts. We have 9 inches already today and it is not stopping any time soon. My little car is almost buried. Anyone who wants to experience snow for the first time can come and shovel it out for free. I don't think they would want to see snow for a second time! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Yeah, it has been one hell of a winter here in NY. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Yeah, it has been one hell of a winter here in NY. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My daughter is having fun in NY, this her first experience for Winter/ snow in the US....

She's gonna hate the next one, same happened to me!

No more snow pic for FB!

JJ

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks for the info folks. I think I shall arrange for her to take a short trip to Toronto where my son and two grandchildren live at the end of the year.
Sadly US Border Control has such weird requirements that my Dominican wife will need as well as her 10 year UK visa and a Schengen visa an additional US visa so they can be sure she doesn't want never to come home or to blow something or somebody up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks for the info folks. I think I shall arrange for her to take a short trip to Toronto where my son and two grandchildren live at the end of the year.
Sadly US Border Control has such weird requirements that my Dominican wife will need as well as her 10 year UK visa and a Schengen visa an additional US visa so they can be sure she doesn't want never to come home or to blow something or somebody up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
anyone know why such a big country as Canada only has 30 million people......because it is cold and snowy too much of the year.....