Are Canadian Visas still being processed in Haiti?

Fresa

Feb 3, 2014
I have been married to a dominican for 7 months now and have applied to bring my Dominican husband to Canada. My papers were received October 1/2013 and by October 17/2013 I received confirmation that I had been approved to sponsor him and the process would now continue in DR. We also got confirmation from DR that papers had been received and for 4 months have been checking the CIC site and nothing has been updated, it only states that has been received on October 1/2013 and nothing else. I have checked the processing times and it's 13 months, will it really take this long?
What can I do do get any updates? Are visas still being processed in Haiti is that the reason why takes so long?
I was thinking of contacting the embassy in DR but also afraid that they will delay our process because of that.

If anyone could give me some answers as this is non sense.

Thank you

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I guess you shuld call to the embassy I was reading there is a new center for receiving Visas applications in Santo Domingo, outside of the Consulate, and they specify that for citizenship or residence process must manage at the embassy.

Fresa

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Riva_31 thanks for your reply. Yes I saw that they have VAC to help dominican's avoid the waiting period and line-ups at the embassy but that is for new applications. Ours have already been submited from here (Canada) as I'm in Canada and my husband in Dominican about 4 months ago.
We already have the file number and have been checking it online but as I mentioned with no updates on the process. I am just afraid if I contact the embassy that they delay the process even more :cry:

Fresa

Feb 3, 2014
Thank you donP but its hard not to and with no idea of when we can be together.

Peleca

Mar 11, 2009
Hi Fresa,

Don't even bother checking the website. Nothing will show up there until the embassy calls you to tell you to tell the hubby to take his passport to the embassy. If they tell him to go back by 3 p.m. then he gets through without an interview. If he has to leave it there then you can expect him to get an interview. I hope that all of your paperwork is up to date. I would advise you to tell him to get another criminal record check done if it is to expire soon. Have him take it in to the embassy and drop it off with your file # and both names attached. If the medical assessment report expires then he's going to have to get a new one also. For that I would call the embassy but you should already know the expiry times on that and act before they do. This could slow down the process, however, take it easy. Don't bother checking. The info will not change on that website until he is cleared. And as for donP's comment...I sooooo agree!!!