Jesus Christ is my n*gga

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
[video=youtube;fl_bUGkC7Tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl_bUGkC7Tc[/video]

Word.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jesus was white, just like santa, i've heard on on fox, it must be true!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There's a reason why early christian depictions of Christ make him appear as an Italian or other Southern European. It's because the roots of the phenomenal growth of Christianity were in the Roman Empire. Jesus was a counter culture boogeyman that the Hebrews used to scare their tormentors and Christianity never really took off in the "Holy Land" until the Romans accepted monotheism and Christianity in particular as a part of their own culture because it had proven so effective as a tool against the authorities during its early days.

With it, you could get people in a gladitatorial arena to face starving lions armed with nothing more than their faith, showing more bravery than the most galant of military Men. This opiate only grew in power as it spread and the leadership of the Republic sought to avail themselves of that power.

If I'm selling moon pies in China, there's going to be a picture of a Chinaman eating a moon pie in my sales pitch. Same theory for selling Christianity in Europe..there were similar marketing drives going on in other parts of Africa and throughout the Mediterranian and Indian Ocean trade routes but they didn't have near the success of the Roman campaign because Christianity followed the army and the trade routes which at that time was everything North of 2nd cataract of the Nile and West of the Eurasian Steppe.

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Nelson Mandela once said, "before the missionaries came we owned the land and all the natural resources within, now they own all the land and we own all the bibles".

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know for a FACT that Jesus was a white man!!!!!
We had a big picture of him in out living room.
It was called "Christ At The Door".
It showed Jesus knocking on a big wooden door.
There was no "Foto Shop" back then, so it has to be real!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Besides, if Jesus was a Black man, he would have had lot's of "Baby Mamas" following him around asking for child support!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I'm going with ironic genius. Either way, thought it was funny.

CCCC, if JC was a white guy (he wasn't, but whatever), maybe they can remix the song to "Jesus Christ is my c*acka."

Just a thought....

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
If I were a bettin' man, I would've bet this thread would've gone bye bye before I could even get it open. Good thing I'm not a bettin' man, unless you count playing the US stock market. Good thread!