mamjuana to bring back to Canada...

bombero

Jan 20, 2014
bring it back in the luggage checked in bag or just dry ingredience... and any recipies if dry is only way legal... gracias.... plus is there a search place for Q's already asked...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Just don't claim it at customs in Canada. They will confiscate if quickly. There is no list of ingredients, and it is wood particles you are importing, 2 things frowned on by Canada Customs. Put it in checked baggage and don't claim it or just say its rum.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
As you pass through immigration in the airport you'll find the gift stores inside security have bags of the dry mamajuana seasonings. That's your best bet to make your own at home. It'll take about 3-4 weeks once you combine the wet ingredients (dark rum, red wine, and honey or agave) but it'll save much weight in your carryons. I bring it into the US almost every trip; even when they did the agricultural scan nothing was detected. Methinks they were looking for drugs, not herbs and spices.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
As you pass through immigration in the airport you'll find the gift stores inside security have bags of the dry mamajuana seasonings. That's your best bet to make your own at home. It'll take about 3-4 weeks once you combine the wet ingredients (dark rum, red wine, and honey or agave) but it'll save much weight in your carryons. I bring it into the US almost every trip; even when they did the agricultural scan nothing was detected. Methinks they were looking for drugs, not herbs and spices.

BAD ADVICE!

It's illegal to import, since it is considered agriculture.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If you take it wet they wont take it, the problem is when is Dry, so put some alcohol, honey and wine for some days before leave and take it wet,

More BAD ADVICE.
If it is free of particles, only liquid they will let it in, but no particles, as Tambo said its considered agriculture as well.....

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

!BrEP6KQBWk~$(KGrHqQOKigEuZyO2DdRBLyH(7ESgg~~_35.JPG

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
BAD ADVICE!

It's illegal to import, since it is considered agriculture.

Then I am a criminal because on every visit 2 bottles WITH liquor comes with me in my checked bag. They have never been taken away in all the trips I have done. Lucky maybe!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Then I am a criminal because on every visit 2 bottles WITH liquor comes with me in my checked bag. They have never been taken away in all the trips I have done. Lucky maybe!!!!

I was referring to carrying the dry herbs primo.
I do not think they care about the turtle nuts, and cinammin sticks as long as they are swimming in the bottle.
They do confiscate it if it is dry, IF they find it.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I was referring to carrying the dry herbs primo.
I do not think they care about the turtle nuts, and cinammin sticks as long as they are swimming in the bottle.
They do confiscate it if it is dry, IF they find it.

That is strange. It is against regulations to carry any liquid container of more than 3 oz. on the plane. I have carried a half dozen bags of dry mamajuana in both carry on and checked luggage and they were inspected and allowed through with no questions asked.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
And don't forget the OP was talking about Canada, not the USA. Different rules apply.....my experience was with some friends that claimed they had mamajuana and the customs officer seized it on the spot.
So don't claim you have any and throw the dice, you may get through.......

bombero

Jan 20, 2014
you don't have to worry about the 3 oz rule if you buy it in duty free.... I have a connecting flight and don't have access to my checked luggage... they put it on the second plane... Someone told me the make it yourself dry stuff just isn't the same... ?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
you don't have to worry about the 3 oz rule if you buy it in duty free.... I have a connecting flight and don't have access to my checked luggage... they put it on the second plane... Someone told me the make it yourself dry stuff just isn't the same... ?

Make it yourself is THE BEST son, you can make it with your own custom recipe, come on!
Some folks like more honey, others use raisins to sweeten it, while some prefer more granos de tortuga.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Not an issue, I've brought it in a number of times, sometimes claiming it, sometimes not.

And that is even more puzzling, since cigars are also agriculture products and those I've declared coming through US customs with no issues whatsoever (Dominican, obviously) since 2010.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
And that is even more puzzling, since cigars are also agriculture products and those I've declared coming through US customs with no issues whatsoever (Dominican, obviously) since 2010.

A rolled cigar is not loose herbs.
One would assume that tobacco rolled in a cigar has been inspected/treated for critters.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sadly, some cigars have "Critters".
They become "worms" that eat the tobacco.
I have no idea why they are allowed in, except maybe they are EVERYWHERE so it makes no difference?????
Some people put their cigars in the freezer for 3 days, which supposedly kills them.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I haven't been "Checked" for anything when entering the USA for about 25 years.
"Honest Face" ?????????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: