Lindsay de Feliz (what about saucepans) in Puerto Plata

umeafdb

Mar 9, 2010
This Sunday February 9th at 2 pm at The Meeting Place (in Puerto Plata) you have the opportunity to meet Lindsay de Feliz, who will tell her compelling story, as recounted in her new book. Many of you may have followed and enjoyed her exploits in her blog ?what about your saucepans?. In this book Lindsay de Feliz gives us some real and first-hand understanding of the issues facing those seeking change here. With so much power today in the hands of one party, the story of her Dominican husband?s valiant but doomed efforts to take on the local political machine is required reading. Those of you who have read her blog or tweets know that you are in for some choice insights on the ex-pat life. And yes, she has promised to bring -- and autograph -- books.

for more information check website Meeting Place Puerto Plata | International English Language Cultural and Community Center in the Dominican Republic or telephone 829 455 6110.
The Meeting Place is a volunteer-run information and resource center located at Calle 60 Juan Bosch, Puerto Plata

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
While on vacation in the DR over Xmas I read Lindsay's novel What About Your Saucepans(kindle download).
I must say I could not put it down.
It was a riveting, yet easy read. There were many humorous snippets amongst the stories of survival and perserverance.
I enjoyed it immensely. My wife also read it over Xmas and enjoyed it every bit as much as I did.