Psychiatrist in Santiago

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Can anyone recommend one? I don't want to ask locals since MI make people apprehensive (at best). Would appreciate the suggestion even more if the Dr accepts ARS Humano.

Thanks!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't know if still in service, DR Gomez Estrella... His practice used to be at Centro Medico cibao, he is the owner of a place where they "lock up" people that may need some kind of adjustment located on Carretera Santiago / licey Km 7 1/2...

JJ

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I don't know if still in service, DR Gomez Estrella... His practice used to be at Centro Medico cibao, he is the owner of a place where they "lock up" people that may need some kind of adjustment located on Carretera Santiago / licey Km 7 1/2...

JJ

And you're helpful too! Thank you!

Anyway, with this sort of help I'd rather search on my own. Thanks to those whose posts weren't the portrait of small mindedness. Please close this.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
And you're helpful too! Thank you!

Anyway, with this sort of help I'd rather search on my own. Thanks to those whose posts weren't the portrait of small mindedness. Please close this.

Didn't want to offend you, I am telling you what he does, just take or leave it.

He is the most successful Dr in this psychiatric medicine in Santiago city, most people see him at his practice for advise only, I meet several people with different psychiatric issues who said he was the best one at the time.

JJ

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When people's mental illness makes them a danger to themselves, or others, they need to be "Locked Up', as you called it, for treatment, and the protection of BOTH!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dr. Morel Guerrero at the Centro Medico Cibao
Dr. Zouain at the Uni?n Medico I think,

I can get you a list of others

My son recommends both of them (the MD son)

HB

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I used to do transportation service for the PUCMM while living and operating my Taxi Co. in Santiago DR. I drove to a crew of successful Dr. going to attend a psychiatrist work shop at SD, all I can tell you is that during the two hours trip back and forth I notice he was the man en-charged of the Santiago comitiva...

he is the "Top dog"...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Reconocimiento al Dr. Ram?n G?mez Estrella Psiquiatra Dominicano. - YouTube

Residencia de Recuperaci?n Mental Dr G?mez Estrella
Carr Stgo - Licey Km 5 1/2, Santiago
(809) 736-0489

psychiatric in patients are locked up for their own protection.

You could also call your insurance company and ask them for the names of participating psychiatirsts,.

I have a very good one who speaks fluent English, worked for a long time in New York City, but he is in Santo Domingo.

He might know someone else in Santiago. PM if you want his number.

Also, if you have been on medication before, most of the mood medications are available over the counter here in their generic form and you might wish to simply start up again until you can get under a doctor's care.

I hope you feel better soon.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Sorry if I was defensive. It's a delicate matter.

There's no need to have anyone committed, I just needed the information for preemptive measures. What bothers me about the Sociedad Dominicana de Psiquiatria is that they only have a facebook page and they constantly post religious messages. I don't know who the administrator is, but it's not making me any more confident. Also, some of the psychiatrists I found use hotmail for their professional email address, and to me there's just nothing professional about hotmail.

I appreciate all the advice.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I certainly understand that it is delicate. Don't let the hot mail thing through you off.. they are just not tech savy. And since this is a small country, most of their business comes from mouth to mouth referrals. Also, I would not be afraid that they are going to have you accept Jesus as your personal savior as a way to get over your anxiety..just that this is a Catholic country and they do probably say "gracias al Dios" a lot.

But I have found, at least for the one I go to, that he is up on all the latest medications.. God knows there are enough pharmacy reps in his office. I actually make money going to see him since he gives me my meds for nothing (ok, the insurance company pays a little but I make out on the 1k co pay(.. He spends an entire Hour with me.. (try getting that from a US doc.. Always remembers what I have been doing and taking .. (has a very sophisticated program on his laptop in the office).. and is genuining pleased when I am doing better.

He also has extended the time between our visits.. from two weeks, to four, to six, now three months.. just as it should be.

I cannot say enough good things about him. Best treatment I have ever had in my 35 years of being diagnosed bipolar.

So if that guy is the best in Santiago, you should have no worries.

These guys go to conferences all over the world. They really know their stuff. He mostly likely also speaks English.

Again.. good luck.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There are definitely some things that ccc should comment on and there are others that HB should comment on!
And non the two schal meet .

When people's mental illness makes them a danger to themselves, or others, they need to be "Locked Up', as you called it, for treatment, and the protection of BOTH!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Very true, many of my best friends have had to get locked up for a while, I'm not sure how I made it out here all this time?! Nothing to be ashamed of, some people just need a break to get regenerated and these are smart successful peeps!