In need of a maid just for one day.

Since our maid is horrible, we need a maid just for one day to help clean up our house for the HGTV filming thing.
It would be around March 1st or 2nd.

Does anyone know of a GOOD maid that is somewhat trustworthy and doesn't break everything?

We live 5 minutes before Gaspar Hernandez in Las Canas

Thanks!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'll bring a cleaning crew from Nagua, can I get a spot as an extra on the show?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I shouldn't probably ask this, but how well do they compensate you? Certainly you don't need the free advertising, as you're not selling?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Since neither you or your wife have a job, why don't you clean it yourself. I'm sure you didn't have a maid in Vancouver.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I have a great lady who cleans my house wonderfully and never steals. The only bad thing is that she moves stuff to make everything look neater, and afterwards I can never find the stapler or calculator or flashlight. (I admit, I leave those things laying around a LOT.)

But, we are on the south coast. And I am not about to let her travel to Sosua, because once you see how good a job she does, you won't let her come back.

Since neither you or your wife have a job, why don't you clean it yourself. I'm sure you didn't have a maid in Vancouver.

I had a Maid clean our house when we sold it and in no way can I do any hard work here. I sweat changing a
Light bulb!! No way in hell would I clean our whole house here!!! Beach = total dirtiness everywhere!!

We actually did have a maid in Canada as well. My wife and I are no cleaners!!
We also would have no time to do the actual cleaning since we have to get rid of stuff and rearrange things in the house.
My wife actually does work 4 times a week or more Volunteering teaching kids music. I am the only Lazy one

Last edited:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
We were stuck with her, she came with the house and she is the nosey neighbor who knows what happens in the whole village and has eyes out on our house. Her husband who is our great gardener calls the cops if they see anything weird going on, so both of them are really our security.

Good call. You definitely don't want to lose her. However, be careful how you introduce another cleaning person, even for a day. My suggestion is to ask her if she knows anyone who needs to work for a day to do some extra cleaning before the t.v. people show up. I'm sure she will have a relative or comadre who needs the work. You might have to hire two for the day, then stand over them and give helpful suggestions along the way.

Guch

Jun 17, 2006
Since our maid is horrible, we need a maid just for one day to help clean up our house for the HGTV filming thing.
It would be around March 1st or 2nd.

Does anyone know of a GOOD maid that is somewhat trustworthy and doesn't break everything?

We live 5 minutes before Gaspar Hernandez in Las Canas

Thanks!!!

We have a good one - works in las canas one day a week already, is exceptionally trustworthy, and in the three years she has worked for us I can't think of a single thing she has broken. PM me if you want her contact information.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Too bad you can't get the lady that cleans where I am. She works for the complex here. They charge me 200 pesos an hour and OMG does she ever clean. She was on her hands and knees the first time to get the marks, which I was told would never come off the ceramic tiles. She cleans like my Mom taught us.:) But whether here or in Canada I do spend time to get the clutter out of the way first. I gave her a 500 peso tip the first time. yeah I know but I was so happy with her work it was a pleasure watching her clean.

Sorry blah blah this doesn't help you much

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Too bad you can't get the lady that cleans where I am. She works for the complex here. They charge me 200 pesos an hour and OMG does she ever clean. She was on her hands and knees the first time to get the marks, which I was told would never come off the ceramic tiles. She cleans like my Mom taught us.:) But whether here or in Canada I do spend time to get the clutter out of the way first. I gave her a 500 peso tip the first time. yeah I know but I was so happy with her work it was a pleasure watching her clean.

Sorry blah blah this doesn't help you much

200 pesos AN HOUR???? Must be the highest paid maid in the country.

I take that back - your complex is ripping you off, I'll bet she doesn't get much more than 200 pesos a day from them.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Pay her not to clean!!!!!!!!!!!Does this mean that you are selling your house and moving or is this whole thing staged. Say it ain't so.

LTSteve

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
200 pesos AN HOUR???? Must be the highest paid maid in the country.

I take that back - your complex is ripping you off, I'll bet she doesn't get much more than 200 pesos a day from them.

Yes I know and I wonder how much of that she gets for herself. That's why I gave her a big tip the first time. To me paying about 7.50 to have my apartment sparkling clean every other week is totally worth it. I don't need her 8 hours a day. Just every other week to do the heavy stuff. In Canada I pay my cleaning lady 35 bucks and have to leave her a note that the floor at back of the toilet is getting dusty. :rolleyes: :)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
..... In Canada I pay my cleaning lady 35 bucks and have to leave her a note that the floor at back of the toilet is getting dusty. :rolleyes: :)

Ooh...
That floor behind the toilet.
I hate that place.
I leave myself that same note......It doesn't do much good though.
gross.....;-)

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Good call. You definitely don't want to lose her. However, be careful how you introduce another cleaning person, even for a day. My suggestion is to ask her if she knows anyone who needs to work for a day to do some extra cleaning before the t.v. people show up. I'm sure she will have a relative or comadre who needs the work. You might have to hire two for the day, then stand over them and give helpful suggestions along the way.

I think this is the way to go so as not to cause any drama.