Recommended Canadian Shipping company to the DR?

kelso120

Feb 6, 2014
Looking for recommended shipping company to move a 20? sea container full of house hold items from Edmonton Alberta Canada to Santo Domingo. Does anyone know a company they have previously used or can recommend? My wife is dual Canadian / Dominican Citizen also I am Dominican resident.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Do not hire a Canadian firm. Hire a Dominican firm that will see your stuff thru customs in SD. And when it is time for customs to open your container and go thru absolutely everything leaving you to get your stuff back in and all your wonderfully packed stuff uncovered and strewn everywhere you should BE THERE! Good luck!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Do not hire a Canadian firm. Hire a Dominican firm that will see your stuff thru customs in SD. And when it is time for customs to open your container and go thru absolutely everything leaving you to get your stuff back in and all your wonderfully packed stuff uncovered and strewn everywhere you should BE THERE! Good luck!

Peralta Bros are Dominican Canadians. One brother always takes your shipment through customs and is there when they inspect it. I believe they actually go down on the ship.
Maximo Peralta - 416-722-4107 In the DR- 809-586-6910

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Peralta Bros are Dominican Canadians. One brother always takes your shipment through customs and is there when they inspect it. I believe they actually go down on the ship.
Maximo Peralta - 416-722-4107 In the DR- 809-586-6910
All true except the part about them going down on the ship....They do meet the shipment when it arrives and he stays there until everything passes custums.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You may need a true 'freight company' instead of a mudanza - check w/ Peralta to make sure, they may be fine.

Otherwise, you need a shipper. Ask any friends if they have an import/export connection.

At the RD end, Hispaniola Freight in SD - they may even be able to handle the whole shipment.
If she's still there, Wendoline de Pena.

In essence, its a logistics issue.... freight

Many of us have done - with less advice than is given here

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
call maximo in toronto, he comes to montreal to get my stuff when i have a shipment, its door to door, boxes or barrels. cheap and safe 1 416 722 4107
maybe he goes canada wide 3 weeks for delivery