Boca Chica at Night

D

Doug

I haven't been in Boca Chica since last May. I hear that it's now a Ghost Town at night. The police have chased most of the Women off the strip. Has it changed that much in 5 months. If it is that bad, what place would be a good alternative to stay in or near the Capital?

J

Jess

What about at the Coral Hamaca? I'm leaving for there next week....

H

hillbilly

Hey! I was trying to help the guy! He has needs.

Of course if he goes there, he might have "more" needs later on, LOL!!
HB

M

mb

I am also interested in the boca chica nightlife, can anyone provide information beyond all the non-understandable humor. REMEMBER STEREOTYPING PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO BOCA CHICA IS VERY UN==US

H

hillbilly

Where is Jim Hinsch when you need him?

he is the best one to give you the "brighter" side of Boca Chica.
Most of us consider it to be rather 'beneath' our levels of places to go when looking for fun. It does provide an inexpensive place to hang out.
Don't worry about the humor, it is local.

and never fear, Big Jim is near, and he will tell you about the better side of BC..

HB

M

mb

Re: Where is Jim Hinsch when you need him?

I am sure you can explain just as well as Mr.Hinsch. What do you mean by inexpensive? Related to what?

Cigars, I am coming from the US and would like to depart with an assortment of them for gifts. I do not care for them myself, and have no knowledge of them. The coupon on the Boca page is, Buy a box of cubans get a box of dominicans free. Is that good?

I am flying into Las Americas and have not picked out a destination yet. The board is for information but the more I view it the more confused I get. I love the beach a good dinner a few drinks and a decent motel. What do you think. Mr. Hinsch if you are out there your input is well respected how about some Wisdom!! thank you

D

Doug

I've been there 5 times, my last trip was in May ...I just wanted to know if there's been a major change in the nightlife. Someone told me there had been a major police crackdown and the strip in Boca Choca is now a Ghost Town. Is this true or not?

M

mb

I am trying to find out, but there seems to be some hidden AGENDA

H

hillbilly

I would go to Juan Dolio.....As for cigars

I think that place is closed -Darren's. Besides the cigars were fake Cubans.

You can get good cigars in Santo Domingo and that is a trip worth taking. There are at least three good places for cigars in Santo Domingo: Casa de los Habanos, The shop next to Metro Buses, and the shop in Supermercado Nacional.

HB

J

Jim Hinsch

Boca Chica was jam packed last night. The police continue to arrest single Dominican women and extort money from them in exchange for their freedom. Nothing new. I has always been this way (past 7 years at least).

La Noria, previously the most popular bar in Boca Chica is closed for remodeling and La Cueva just opened after being remodeled (that is the current wall-to-wall bar). The street too was packed with people sitting around at tables drinking, laughing, and listening to music.

Note too that some Boca Chica hotels are sold out. My buddy tried to get a room at Costa Lunga last night (the 4th largest hotel in Boca Chica and the largest non-all-inclusive) and there was nothing available. Amazing since this is the low season in Boca Chica, plus the fact that supposedly tourism is down because of the recent terrorist attacks.

Occassionally there are dead nights, but the next night, it is business as usual.

One big change that I noticed yesterday. The streets are spotless. Not even cigarette butts could be found along the edges. They had a recent and intence cleaning of the area.

Boca Chica after midnight would not be much fun for those over 50, for morally anal retentive folks, or hipocrits that give importance to perceived reputations and appearances. It is an eat, drink, and dance scene that caters to a younger crowd until about 4am.

These days because there is too much misinformation given by a handful on this board, so take whatever you hear with a grain of salt.

H

hillbilly

See? there is a brighter side to Boca Chica.!

thank you Jim. It sounds that things might be getting better organized there. While it is not my cuppa, it does provide the young with lots to do. Glad to see it is getting cleaner..

HB

J

Jim Hinsch

Darren's cigar shop is now a high-end clothing store. The coupon is to be replaced with a food discount coupon. Good cigars (Dominican) can be bought at the place next door (The Boat House) but remember that all the Cubans are fakes.

J

Joachim

Re: Lots of Prostitutes and Drug Dealers !!!!

My wife is from Boca Chica, she is neither a prositute nor a drug dealer. You are one sick "Puppy". Constructive comments I can understand, but to insult everyone is wrong. Get off this board now!!!!

M

MarySue

Hey Joachim Im Back !!!!

Well first my condolescence to all those innocent people lost in the terrible air tragedy - may they all rest in peace...

Now for Joachim please dont tell me to get off this board..
you may be able to dominate your wife, but your machoist piggish attitude stops here - scared huh ? let me guess you must be a boca chica burragon - maybe you the ho !

MarySue

P

Peter North

MARYSUE I'M WITH YOU

Some people on this board are way too tight ass. Loosen up...Everybody is always getting offended.....gimme a break.

J

Joachim

Re: Hey Joachim Im Back !!!!

Maybe I should let my wife meet you and tell her what you said? Now you will be scared.