Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's ALL Bad in Sosua

German woman robbed! Canadian missionary shot 9 times! Drugs are rampant! The police are out of control! Every place is shutting down. The economy is depressed. The mayor doesn't know what she is doing. You can't trust anyone. Your safety is at risk. The Haitians should be sent home. ATM's are robbing everyone…..

Did I miss anything?

Well, that is the version you may read and thrive on here. My version?

I had a great day. The sun was shining. I walked on the beach. Talked to some nice people. Delancer helped me solve a problem with my internet. Chatted a bit with the neighbors and security guards. Shopped at Playero, where I wasn't ripped off. Felt safe all day long. Ordered pizza for dinner. It arrived in about 20 minutes, hot and delicious. And now, ready to go to bed listening to the waves.

Believe the version you wish. I will, too.

And feel free to add your own.

Lindsey

2. Likes mido, Abuela, frank12, mudman24, ramesses and 40 others liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    German woman robbed! Canadian missionary shot 9 times! Drugs are rampant! The police are out of control! Every place is shutting down. The economy is depressed. The mayor doesn't know what she is doing. You can't trust anyone. Your safety is at risk. The Haitians should be sent home. ATM's are robbing everyone…..

Did I miss anything?

I had a great day. The sun was shining. I walked on the beach. Talked to some nice people. Delancer helped me solve a problem with my internet. Chatted a bit with the neighbors and security guards. Shopped at Playero, where I wasn't ripped off. Felt safe all day long. Ordered pizza for dinner. It arrived in about 20 minutes, hot and delicious. And now, ready to go to bed listening to the waves.

Lindsey
    glad you don't think you were ripped off at Playero.

4. Likes ramesses, windeguy, Bred, Meems, jinty05 and 4 others liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss anything?

Lindsey
    I had a similar day. Only a couple of differences.

I watched 2 guys fight on the beach, was a small one...no one was hurt other than some pride.

I did get ripped off at Playero as the prices are stupid but it is all we have for some stuff...so I should not complain ;-)

I had to yell at a guy who was hitting a dog with a stick...the guy turned and looked at me with a scowl and the dog took off.....

I went to La Union, saw a young fella do a wheelie on a moto...he wiped out and scratched up his bike. I smiled a bit.

Went into Charamicos to have a beer or 5...nothing of note happened.

Had some chicken from Ollies...it was tasty.

The sun went down nicely and there is a very nice breeze tonight.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss anything?

Lindsey
    Lindsey,

Your version is much like ours. It is refreshing to hear that others enjoy the Sosua area as we do. Thanks for this post!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CocoBoy View Post
    Lindsey,

Your version is much like ours. It is refreshing to hear that others enjoy the Sosua area as we do. Thanks for this post!
    How about some flavor please.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CocoBoy View Post
    Lindsey,

glad to hear that you are so happy with the place. maybe your felicity would be a little bit tempered by a guy pegging off nine rounds at you, no?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss anything?

My German neighbour who lives about half a mile beyond me further up the track emailed me a few days ago to say she thought it was about time to get some form of gun - she said a few others were interested so perhaps we could get a 'deal' if we, as friends, bought 3 or 4 between us.... if and when the day comes that I don't feel safe in my house without a gun (which I wouldn't in a million years know how to shoot and would probably be used to shoot me) that may be the day I leave my home in the DR and go back to the UK with all its rules and regulations!

Lindsey
    My German neighbour who lives about half a mile beyond me further up the track emailed me a few days ago to say she thought it was about time to get some form of gun - she said a few others were interested so perhaps we, as friends, could get a 'deal' if we bought 3 or 4 between us.... if and when the day comes that I don't feel safe in my house without a gun (which I wouldn't in a million years know how to shoot and would probably be used to shoot me) that may be the day I leave my home in the DR and go back to the UK with all its rules and regulations!

I had a usual work day online, shopped for a little at Janet's in Cabarete, talked to the guy in Banco Popular who is trying to get my RD$16.5K back that was fraudulently used in September, got a great deal with discount on more paint from Freddy's and had two baby lambs born last night.

I agree with Lindsey that there is far more good than bad!
    Last edited by whirleybird; 02-08-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    got a great deal with discount on more paint from Freddy's andhad two baby lambs born last night.

I agree with Lindsey that there is far more good than bad!
    Congrats!

Have you named the baby lamb chops yet, pics please.

11. Likes Camden Tom liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby lambs

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Congrats!

Have you named the baby lamb chops yet, pics please.
    The females are not killed any more as I prefer to see them floric in the field than have them on my plate - soft and stupid or what Tambo?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    The females are not killed any more as I prefer to see them floric in the field than have them on my plate - soft and stupid or what Tambo?
    Can't they frolic with just three legs and a wooden one?.....

Just one, that's all.
    Promise...

14. Likes Criss Colon, s1mpleton liked this post
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast