So You Want To Know What Dominicans Feel About Their Haitian "Hermanos"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "Picture" is worth a Thousand Words!!!!!!
Especially MY 1,000 Words!
Would a "DR1er" with the skills, please import the political cartoon on page two of today's "Diario Libre".
There you will "See" the true feelings of Dominicans regarding their "Vecinos"!!!!!!

Later you will read the "Lip Service" of our resident "DR1 Spin Doctors" TRYING to get us to believe otherwise!!!!

"BwaaaaBwaaaaBwaaaaaaaa"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
14sm9w2.jpg

May 12, 2005
Would a "DR1er" with the skills, please import the political cartoon on page two of today's "Diario Libre".
There you will "See" the true feelings of Dominicans regarding their "Vecinos"!!!!!!

Later you will read the "Lip Service" of our resident "DR1 Spin Doctors" TRYING to get us to believe otherwise!!!!

Is it the way the Haitians are drawn? Or the dialogue that makes you consider it to be racist?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

?????

If so, are we to take Rush Limbaugh's words as the exact "feel" of all Americans towards pretty much everything?

Classical "Criss-don't-know-jack posting"...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
?????

If so, are we to take Rush Limbaugh's words as the exact "feel" of all Americans towards pretty much everything?

Classical "Criss-don't-know-jack posting"...

LOL! You know that he gets a kick out of continuously picking on Dominicans(as other DR1'ers too). It's his pass time. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Like Father, Like Son", and about 7 million MORE Dominicanos!!!
Who is Rush Limbough???
We don't get him here in the DR!
I guess you DO up in ORLANDO FLORIDA??????
It's DR 1 Man!
Even though YOU choose to live in the USA, you can't make every thread on "DR1" about what's happening, "Up There"!
We like to "Keep It Local", to "Keep It RELEVANT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Showed the cartoon to miesposa. She agreed that is how she saw it. Many Haitians think it is just carnival. But it isnt so dissimilar to how many americans treat 4th of july, formerly known as independence day, as a day to get drunk and eat ribs. Soo...not much news here.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
in boston St. patrick's day was a traditional but not a legal holiday. A state holiday was created out of whole cloth to accomodate the large block of Irish voters. Hence, on st. patrick's day we celebrate "evacuation Day", to commemmorate when the British Evacuated Boston during the revolutionary war. It didn't occur anywhere near mar 17.

The cartoon is racially offensive. Dominicans are superpatriotic and do not lend themselves to critical analysis regarding the formation of the republic. That said, I am always amazed at the high level of knowledge children have about the founding fathers.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"KEN" the difference is that on the 4th. of July, Americans don't publish racist cartoons of "AA's" not knowing why it's being celebrated!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"KEN" the difference is that on the 4th. of July, Americans don't publish racist cartoons of "AA's" not knowing why it's being celebrated!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You probably don't know this but Black Americans celebrate their own Independence on "Juneteenth".

juneteenth.jpg

juneteenth-celebrating-150-years-history-making-15.jpeg

....and no, I don't believe that the cartoon nor the sentiment behind it are "Racist". They are Nationalist. Nationalism, the type of which preceded Germany's "Kristallnacht" and the Japanese "Rape of Nanking". The seething, angry mood of hostility which is only momentarily vented in angry humor prior to blowing into full scale atrocity. It is worse than Racism which is in and of itself benign. Nationalism is the worst kind of tribal warfare, pitting friend against friend and neighbor against neighbor and sees fit to excuse levels of Human cruelty and barbarity on a mob scale that most People would be incapable of individually.

This is a bad sign.

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.

Malcolm X

Status
Not open for further replies.