Looking for Caribbean-Sun suntan lotion in PC area

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Several years ago I purchased some suntan oil (not lotion) under the brand name: Caribbean-Sun.
I purchased it in the hotel gift shop at Samana.

I am now looking for this sun tan oil in Bavaro. Does any know any stores where this can be purchased?
I have combed several local vendors however I get the: "come look my friend, if I don't have it, my brother down the street has it".
The Duty-free shop has Caribbean-Sun products however no suntan oil. Lots of after-sun "lotions" but no clear oil. The oil has a SPF of 3.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
An alternative is to find some pure Coconut oil. No chemicals in it like the mass produced stuff, and coco oil is good for your skin. It's got an spf of 4 to 10 depending on who's doing the test.

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Your future dermatologist is going to love you. Straight up baby oil will most certainly do the trick.

I normally have a very great base tan before using this low SPF product. Most commercial brands give me red bumps a few days after use. With the Caribbean-Sun, no bumps.
This stuff is manufactured in the DR somewhere according to the label.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Yes great product, I use the Insect repellent which is working the best and is supposed to be all natural.

Have been looking around a lot and the only place I found it was in a little gift shop on the beach on the right side of the Jellyfish bar, not sure which hotel it is but the owner of the shop has another one in the San Juan shopping center called Coast Riders, they should have the same products there.

Hope this helps.

I normally have a very great base tan before using this low SPF product. Most commercial brands give me red bumps a few days after use. With the Caribbean-Sun, no bumps.

Allan Fagan

Feb 20, 2014

I get that too but always presumed it was "prickly heat" a Scottish term for a sun/skin allergy. I often have this problem in the sun as I normally use commercial brands but I will be trying more natural products this time round

E

Exotic89

Several years ago I purchased some suntan oil (not lotion) under the brand name: Caribbean-Sun.
I purchased it in the hotel gift shop at Samana.

I am now looking for this sun tan oil in Bavaro. Does any know any stores where this can be purchased?
I have combed several local vendors however I get the: "come look my friend, if I don't have it, my brother down the street has it".
The Duty-free shop has Caribbean-Sun products however no suntan oil. Lots of after-sun "lotions" but no clear oil. The oil has a SPF of 3.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'm looking for it also! Any lick finding it?!

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Not yet
When I was in PC last time I briefly saw a tourist book that advertised the product. I think it showed a shop near Cap Cana that sold it. However I forgot the store or actual location. I'm back to PC in November and will pick up a few tourist books at the airport and hopefully the ad will be in there.